More than a third of those surveyed by Forrester use voice commands on their smartphones. But competing platforms remains an issue.
Customers typically swap out networking equipment every five years, whether they need to or not, a new survey finds.
IBM, SAS, and SAP were cited by Forrester as “leaders” among firms specializing in predictive analytics solutions.
Gartner’s new research note suggests businesses will start spending even more on data-wrangling software by 2014.
A growing tech market through 2014 will boost analytics, mobile, collaborative, and cloud-based apps.
A Forrester analyst predicts that online services have much more runway for global expansion.
Data visualization is evolving, according to an analyst. That requires more care in choosing techniques and software.
Advanced visualization tools can help a company sort through its data, but demand a lot of planning before implementation.
A Forrester analyst offers a rather intensive breakdown of the decisions a business needs to make when considering a B.I. solution.
Business workers should perform 80 percent of all B.I. duties, while IT pros handle the other 20 percent, says a Forrester analyst.