Find Tech Candidates Fast with Search Agents
Some of the greatest time savers are so simple that we fail to think about them. How many automatic bill payments do you have setup?
In technology recruiting, Search Agents are often those just-out-of-mind time savers. We’ve made it so our Dice Search Agents can be setup in four or fewer steps. For the record, we often set them up in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, including the time to review our search strings.
Search Agents can do more than save you time though. They can also help you improve the quality of the candidates you source. Here are some examples of how to use Search Agents creatively to improve your hiring process:
- The “Ahead of the Game” Search Agent – Craft a string for a hot skill that you feel you need to become better educated on. Write down some of the common skills and experiences for the candidates that come into your inbox and prepare questions for when a hiring manager has a need. These questions will allow you to better ascertain.
- The “First to the Party” Recruiter – Set a reminder in your calendar for 15 minutes in the morning to review the candidates identified through the Search Agent. This habit will help you develop relationships with new candidates before others.
- Review with a “Type A” Personality – These Search Agents, like your coffee, should be refreshed on a regular basis. On a monthly basis, align your Search Agents with your priorities. These reviews will help you determine which search strings are most effective for your specific needs.
Here are the simple steps to set up an effective Search Agent.
Search Agents: Step by Step
- Log into Dice
- Select “Post Jobs & Find Candidates” from the top menu and click “Search”
- Enter your search criteria and click the “Search Candidates” button
- On the upper right side of the Search Results page, click the “Save Search” button
- Name your Search Agent, click “Save” and you’re ready to go
Build Better Booleans
Use this handy reference guide to build better Boolean search strings, so it’s even easier to zero in on your perfect candidate.
Contact us at 1.888.321.3423(DICE). We’ll set up your Search Agents and refine your Booleans so you can use that time to enjoy your morning brew.