With a blog (a common contraction of “web log”) you create your own online journal and invite visitors to comment. Unlike a website, a blog is a journal or log of information usually organized topically and chronologically.
Step 1. Find a blogspot
Your first job is to find a place to host your blog.
- Search online for blogging providers who offer pre-made blog templates.
- Follow the simple online instructions to establish your blog.
- Add buttons, images, widgets and more to customize your blog. You’ll find plenty of options online.
Tip: Blogger.com, Google’s blogging site, and WordPress.com are the two largest sites. They’re both easy to use and free.
Step 2. Start blogging
- Start adding entries to your blog about your company, available jobs, types of candidates you’re searching for and industry news.
Tip: Post several blog entries before you promote your blog so visitors will have more than one post to read.
Step 3. Spread the word
- Build traffic to your blog by promoting it on your other social media outlets and marketing materials.