Looking for a job posting template for Web Developer jobs that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Start by using this free Web Developer job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and advanced web developer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings. Then share with prospective candidates.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
- Average Time to Fill: 51 days
- 10-Year Projected Growth: 14.9%
Web Developer Job Summary:
We’re looking for a Web Developer who can find creative solutions to big problems. As a Web Developer/Designer, you’ll design, develop and maintain our next-generation web applications and tools. The Ideal candidate, should be a strong communicator, with a passion and understanding for programming languages, a high attention to detail and a higher standard for technical quality. Working alongside product and development teams, you’ll expand our website’s influence in our industry.
Web Developer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build/develop new web pages, web-based applications and reports as identified by supervisor and internal stakeholders.
- Conduct and document all requirement discovery sessions with project sponsors and participants.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications, while ensuring that all internal systems are integrated and consistent.
- Perform complete testing of web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Create, develop and maintain software to enrich functionality of organization s content management system.
- Coordinate web projects across departments and ensure that all development projects are designed, developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code in ASP.NET using best practices in software development.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Participate in code reviews to provide feedback information.
Web Developer Skills/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or certified training) in Computer Sciences (or related field), or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of applicable software or Web Developer experience.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server (including tables, views, stored procedures, scheduled processes, etc).
- At least five years’ experience in a developer role utilizing the Microsoft technology stack (Asp.Net with Web Forms & MVC, Asp.Net Core, Azure, SQL Server, etc).
- Experienced with source control (Git, TFS).
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server preferred.
- Passion for learning new technologies & methods with a desire to write great code.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently & efficiently.
- Experience with using 3rd party components (such as Telerik/Progress Ajax controls or Kendo UI) is a plus.
- Experience with UX design is a plus.
Related Web Developer Hiring Resources