Looking for a job posting template for a Tableau Developer that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Tableau Developer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Tableau Developer Summary:
We’re in search of a Tableau Developer to manage the lifecycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-ups, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation. As a Tableau Developer, you should have a demonstrated ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and possesses the knowledge and experience on data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Master Data Management (MDM) programmers to ensure data sources are accurate, available and analyzable.
- Hands on with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with MDM programmers and QA analysts to test, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
- Have the confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain work flows and dashboard functionality.
Tableau Developer Requirements:
- At least five years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau.
- At least five years of experience using Tableau v9.x.
- At least five years in UI, UX space (can be concurrent or overlap with Tableau experience) demonstrable with evidence of using a combination of user interface tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
- Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization.
- Experience working on a support team environment by documenting, researching, solving problems via phone calls or email ticketing system.
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed.
Learn how tech professionals feel about some of the industry’s most important workplace trends – and how the data can help YOU.