Looking for a job posting template for a Systems Administrator that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Salesforce Developer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Are you a Systems Administrator, that can be responsible for all aspects of security, network infrastructure, physical and virtual server farms, enterprise applications, and user administration? Do you want to partner with other departments to develop solutions that meet departmental and company objectives? We’re looking for a talented and experienced Systems Administrator that can take charge of a variety of responsibilities.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Design, document, and implement software and hardware infrastructure improvements.
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, routers, switches, load balancers to ensure they comply with requirements and security policy.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade server software and hardware, providing detailed documentation of all configuration changes and asset inventory.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of technology upgrades and security patch/software updates.
- Support a variety of server and desktop COTS and GOTS applications.
- Monitor, analyze, and improve system and network performance.
- Monitor and administer firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers.
- Manage user accounts and security groups across several sites and domains .
- Monitor and administer a disaster recovery site, testing periodically to ensure business continuity.
Systems Administrator Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 7 years of equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in areas related to Cisco, Windows, Linux, and VMWare.
- Experience with VMware installation and management.
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and optimization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.