Looking for a job posting template for Solutions Architect jobs that will be instrumental in helping you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free solutions architect job description sample template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Solutions Architect to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Start by applying this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings. Then keep an eye out for top-tier professional resumes.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
- Average Time to Fill: 48 days
- 10-Year Projected Growth: 30.7%
Solutions Architect Job Summary:
We’re in search of a Solutions Architect who is a master builder of systems architecture and structure, from development to implementation—and you know how to meet the needs of the various departments who depend on your innovation. You’ll be an important part of our software development cycle, supporting the design team and working in conjunction with the development team to bring/scale software projects to completion. You’re solutions-oriented while being skilled at translating functional specifications that can affect systems guidelines, and on the lookout for ways to connect our software projects to enterprise-level systems. As a Solutions Architect, you will also know how to assess systems to identify any types of potential issues or opportunities for improvement, and ensuring the final product meets the design team’s projections. Plus, you’re good at project management and keeping related departments in the loop on the process or answering their various questions, while maintaining solid focus on the end goal.
Solutions Architect Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, build, design, integrate and implement information systems in accordance with company policy, providing design and programming architectures for code.
- Work in conjunction with design and development teams through the lifecycle of software projects, contributing technical know-how as needed.
- Addressing current company needs and implementing into projects as required.
- Asses current system architecture and identify opportunities for growth and improvement, communicating those needs to relevant departments.
- Troubleshooting issues and problems, offering solid solutions while communicating those issues to appropriate departments.
- Identifying business impact, strategies and needs related to infrastructure, then executing appropriate plans to accomplish associated goals.
- Lead a growing team of Solutions Architects.
- Developing business logic using statistical, analytical and mathematical information.
- Stay current with industry standards and advancements, making recommendations on upgrades and changes as needed.
- Continuous monitoring of project scope, including budget development and managing timelines.
- Communicating project needs to appropriate departments, ensuring those needs are met.
- Mentor and train junior team members as needed.
Solutions Architect Skills/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Over three years’ experience in the same or related role (experience in project management is a plus).
- Strong experience with software architecture design and engineering, with a history of providing effective software solutions and knowledge of design patterns and application levels.
- Firm understanding of the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch.
- Solid experience with SQL and .NET framework, FEAF, ToGAG, DoDAF, etc.
- Develop Solutions Architect best practices.
- Knowledge of databases and multiple operating systems.
- Experience in managing databases and knowledge of systems security.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information to various audiences.
- Highly organized and an exceptional team leader.
- Able to work with a team and independently as required.