Looking for a job posting template for a Scrum Master that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Scrum Master to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Scrum Master Job Summary:
We’re in search of a Scrum Master who’s a highly-skilled multi-tasker capable of collaborating with our software developers to deliver work that meets the high standards of our company. While you’ll be managing timelines with associated projects and working to coordinate new product development, you’ll also be expected to work in conjunction with a variety of internal and external departments, such as the QA team and program managers, in addition to clients to ensure their project needs are being met. As a Scrum Master, you’ll need to be adept at seamlessly pivoting between tasks, and we’ll need you to employ Agile methodologies to maintain project objectives while supporting your team in working to their full capacity during sprints. You’ll also need to be exceptional at troubleshooting any problems that may arise—your deep understanding of the scrum framework will be essential to achieve this. Ultimately, you’re a great team leader with undeniable critical thinking skills that help bring projects full circle, with each milestone met on time and in line with the company’s overall goals for success.
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Manage product and project production timelines using outlines and timelines to meet deadlines, supporting your team in doing their best work.
- Work with associated teams to ensure effective design and implementation, as well as validation and QA to make the project meet outlined requirements.
- Organize and facilitate sprints, daily scrums, necessary meetings and team stand-ups to effectively maintain the project timeline and address any issues head-on.
- Lead the team in learning Agile methodologies to help them produce their best work and maintain productivity goals.
- Review team members as required and make adjustments when necessary to ensure adherence to project turnaround times.
- Adhere to the project lifecycle based on projections and course correct as needed, collaborating with team mates to ensure deadlines are met and issues are addressed.
- Establish Scrum Master best practices for the larger team.
- Act as a liaison between your team and management, the client, and stakeholders as needed, communicating project timelines and deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Create progress documentation as needed for management and assist the team in addressing any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Identify key KPIs during the project lifecycle and address opportunities to improve with team support.
- Work with the team to elevate their scrum maturity and review their work after sprints to ensure it meets the project requirements.
- Work in conjunction with various associated teams to address any backlogs, handle any new requests, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Stay current with industry best practices and implement changes where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience as a Scrum Master or similar role required, including experience in IT project management.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and its associated technologies, patterns, tools, practices and frameworks such as XP, Crystal, User Stories, Agile Games, Continuous Integration and Testing, ATDD, Pairing, TDD, Automated Testing, BDD and more.
- A deep understanding of Scrum techniques and its associated artifacts, including user stories, backlog refinement, definition of done, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Thinking, LeSS, eXtreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe and Lean Startup.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, with proven experience in leading a team to meet defined milestones and deadlines.
- Accreditation in Scrum Master certification such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or another associated certification required.
- Stellar problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to think creatively to resolve issues and conflicts.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills that also support the team in developing those same skill sets.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to lead a team to success while supporting associated departments.