Attention Project Managers: We need an Agile leader
We’re Academy Software, a growing education software company that began in a rental storage unit a decade ago. You’re right. That isn’t even legal. But our objective was more important: to provide elementary students with products that make learning fun while strengthening the core competencies children need to succeed.
These days we’re enjoying annual double-digit growth including sales nearing $50 million last year. And from our sparkling new offices in suburban Seattle, we have the product orders to top that. To facilitate our continuing expansion, we’re committed to working smarter than ever before.
That’s why we’re seeking an experienced project manager to help our company transition to an Agile software development model. You will work directly with the senior team and product managers to define customer requirements and collaborate with design and engineering to create the vision and end product. And you will facilitate QA and operations to ship the final product to our customers.
Yes, we’re growing quickly and have some aggressive goals. But with your help, we can achieve our targets while hitting deadlines and coming in under budget. We’re looking for an accomplished communicator to keep all teams on task and in the know.
Your Agile Project Manager bona fides include:
- At least 5 years of project management experience, with at least 2 years working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile best practices (you know how to be a Scrum Master and would be comfortable teaching others the ropes).
- Experience shipping software. You know all aspects of the SDLC, can interface with all the disciplines involved, and you are educated in best practices of iterative development.
- An understanding of metrics-driven processes. You are comfortable with task definition, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics and velocity.
- Communication expertise. You know how to be proactive and communicate the right message in the right context. And you can deliver your message in different mediums and formats including emails, meetings, presentations, etc.
- A talent for being detail oriented and excelling even while keeping a lot of balls in the air.
- Experience with JIRA and Greenhopper is a plus.
Help us make a sea change. Enjoy a wave of perks.
We’ve assembled a talented group of developers and product managers with a collective passion and vision to remain at the forefront of education software. Now we need a project manager to help us redefine our modus operandi through Agile methodologies and ensure that we’re leveraging our people to their fullest.
Office perks include the ultimate Seattle variety: bottomless cups of Seattle’s Best served inside our on-premises coffee house. Delicious Washington apples are also gratis year round (inspired by the kids and teachers who take advantage of the fruits of our labors!) Keep your edge with a free health club membership, and join your comrades during our annual rite of summer: the Academy Salmon Skip Day fishing charter.
We’d love to hear from you.
This job isn’t for everyone. We’re looking for a project manager who can rally a team, ensure results and effectively communicate to executives. So if you know Agile, be nimble and apply fast.
Return to Job Description Do’s and Don’ts or get great examples for other tech positions below: