Database Developer – Coming in first feels great
We bet you were the kid who was always first in line. The one who stayed up all night solving a problem because you wanted to find the answer before anyone else. Are we getting close?
Being the first to do something — and do it right — is why others are always asking you to lead projects, organize teams, and deliver results. And it’s why we want to talk to you.
We’re hiring the very first database developer for our team, and we want someone who gets a rush out of taking the lead and starting something new.
Make your mark.
This position is what you make it — and the sky’s the limit.
For starters, you’ll be responsible for the evolution of our data. We have terabytes of data and are adding more all the time. So be ready to design and evolve our schema, streamline our data operations, and help tune the database for peak performance.
You’ll be the conduit between our engineers and scientists, and our systems and our data. Think of yourself as the gatekeeper between ideas and execution.
And this is only the starting point. Whether you want to know more about the specific details of your systems or the leadership opportunities we offer, you’ll have the chance to build your skills and knowledge base from day one.
First things first.
Our top prospect will bring these skills to the table:
- 3+ years working as a database engineer or a related role.
- Strong SQL expertise. You can write a query to do almost anything.
- SQL server administration experience. You also have the basics of running Microsoft SQL Server — users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and that sort of thing.
- Ability to create SQL reports.
- Database tuning experience. Help us make our database faster by running diagnostics and doing query optimization and other performance tuning.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment. You can address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering, and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- ETL experience is a plus.
Leaders seeking leaders.
We’re a growing medical research firm based in Southern California that identifies exceptional products and conducts clinical trials that help bring them to market. Like you, we always wanted to be at the forefront of everything, so the minute our company founders hammered out their first business plan in 2010, they never looked back.
We’ve facilitated the FDA approval of three top-selling drugs and have helped our clients patent seven cutting-edge technologies — so far. And today we’re recognized as one of the top 25 fastest-growing companies in our industry.
And that’s why we need your help.
Now, what we can offer you?
Is our undying gratitude enough?
OK, how about a great salary and benefits package? Work retreats in Palm Springs? Fridays off when the surf’s up? C’mon. We’ll find your hot button
Return to Job Description Do’s and Don’ts or get great examples for other tech positions below: