Looking for a job posting template for Network Engineer jobs that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free network engineer job description sample template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Network Engineer to support your company’s business needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Network Engineer Job Summary:
We’re in search of a talented and driven Network Engineer who’s knowledgeable and driven to help us administer and maintain computer networks, which will include designing, developing and implementing advanced network architectures. You’ll be in charge of monitoring the reliability, performance and security of the company’s data communication systems, ensuring its capabilities meet/focus on company needs and standards. Along with IT, you’ll work to maintain our network’s high traffic infrastructure and manage our system integrity, while also maintaining hardware equipment, software and any other related components. We’ll need you to have deep knowledge of disaster recovery procedures and operations, as you’ll also be in charge of protecting our networks from attacks (network security). Being a troubleshooting genius is also necessary, as we’ll need you to spot issues before they become problems, and institute the necessary fixes—so you’ll also need to know how to prepare, implement, and administer firewalls, controllers, switches, routers and more. If you understand application transport, know network infrastructure and hardware inside and out, and are skilled at planning and high-level design, we’d love to hear from you.
Network Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain our technical network infrastructure, including implementing patches and various applications, developing and designing new infrastructures as needed, and more.
- Manage associated needs such as application and system software, configurations, hardware, LANs, WANs and other related requirements.
- Manage system backups and related data recovery protocols in the event of memory loss.
- Implement security measures across hardware and software in accordance to company requirements, updating associated documentation as needed.
- Troubleshooting system and network issues and implementing solves as needed, including addressing software and hardware complications.
- Collaborate with teams and network users on troubleshooting solutions where necessary.
- Establish Network Engineer best practices.
- Perform system checks and monitor network performance, making recommendations for improvements where needed.
- Manage system installations, updates and upgrades, domain names, configure DNS servers, program network hardware, configure and install load balancers and VPNs, and other associated tasks.
- Maintain hardware components and replace as necessary, while creating, configuring and testing both networking and system software.
- Deploy system configurations as needed, such as mobile devices and platforms, Windows Server, desktops, Virtualization Systems and more.
- Manage network access, use, capacity planning, resource utilization and more, while creating and maintaining related network documentation.
- Implement upgrades such as security configurations, hot fixes, patches and service packs.
- Create a high-performance integrated network using modeling and analysis.
- Communicate any major changes to upper management as necessary.
Network Engineer Skills/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Network Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- Certifications including Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and/or CompTIA Network+ preferred.
- Deep knowledge of network hardware and infrastructure required, including experience working with application transport, infrastructure devices, and monitoring both network analytical and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as QoS, 802.11, BGP, IPSEC, OSPF and HRP.
- Experience with TCP/IP or OSI, along with LAN, WAN, VoIP, WLAN and SAN networks.
- Deep knowledge of creating network communication systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate network needs and explain required implementations to associated team members.
- Over two years of experience as a Network Engineer preferred, or experience in security and systems support, IT or network administrations.
- Adapt to new and emerging tech, implementing necessary associated upgrades to our network when required.
- Exceptional communication skills with the capability to work across departments and directly with clients as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, a troubleshooting genius, and an unparalleled attention to detail.
Related Network Engineer Hiring Resources