Looking for a job posting template for a Java Developer that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Java Developer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Java Developer Job Summary:
We’re in search of a Java Developer who lives, eats and breathes programming to lend their support to our talented IT team. You’ll be developing and designing high-performance, scalable mission critical technology application systems in line with our company mandate, using Java/JavaEE throughout the program development cycle, from concept to testing and deployment. We also need you to analyze requirements, detail user assistance materials, provide technical documentation, analyze application functionality and offer solutions to any problems that may arise throughout program development. Of course, we’ll want you to be a team player, but you get bonus points if you’re looking for a a java developer role that helps you grow and evolve your development skills.
Java Developer Responsibilities:
- Work within our existing IT and java developer teams to create and implement applications aligned with our business mandate, including communicating opportunities to uplevel our offerings.
- Identify application functionality within compliance specifications to create scalable technological solutions.
- Communicate needs and translate requirements from associated business departments.
- Problem-solving and fixing technical issues during new application testing phases, and within current systems.
- Quick-thinking problem resolution resulting in timely launches of products, meeting deadlines with excellence and efficiency.
- Write efficient code, identify and provide analysis on user requirements, create and utilize both design and technical change documentations.
- Stay current with industry and programming trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Continue your growth as a developer while mentoring junior and mid-level team members.
- Various associated programming and software launch tasks, as needed.
Java Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an associated field such as Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) or Oracle Certified Master (OCM) certification levels are a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Java and J2EE, including Classloading, Transaction Management and Memory Management.
- Experience in SQL, Relational Databases, HTML and ORM technology, such as JPA2 and Hibernate.
- Four years’ experience in a Java Developer (or related) role, with one to three years of developing apps and other software.
- Experience in database management, computer architecture, and crafting statistical analysis.
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Spring Framework, JSF, GWT or Wicket.
- Experience with testing and deployment, with an attention to detail that supports the software development cycle.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a drive to hit targets and solve problems along the way.
- Capable of working as part of a software development and IT team, and with little to no supervision as required.