Looking for a job posting template for a Game Developer that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Network Engineer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Game Developer Summary:
We’re in search for a Game Developer with an eye for innovation. In this role, you will plan, design and produce video games for a variety of devices – from computer to mobile device. Your success relies on creating engaging visual content and implementing code that results in enhanced functionality and features. You should be able to collaborate with designers and developers alike, translating feedback into results – all while working on strict deadlines.
Game Developer Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional team members to support a player-first experience.
- Design and implement game play systems and features.
- Create tools for game designers and other developers to use when necessary to complete projects.
- Establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices; be a strong voice for software quality and future-proofing.
- Collaborating with a small, multi-disciplinary team while using independent judgement to rapidly respond to operational requirements.
- Model and animate 3D assets, code interactive logic, and interactive applications for desktop, web, and mobile deployment.
- Animating characters and objects based off of design recommendations and blueprints.
- Creating unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality and consistency across the entire game.
- Maintaining code, identifying and fixing bugs and developing strategies for overcoming any large-scale issues.
Game Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years game development experience.
- Proficiency in C#, object oriented programming, and component based architectures; proficiency in C++ is a plus.
- Shipped at least one mobile (iOS or Android) title using Unity.
- Strong attention to detail (please mention “beauty is in the details” in your application), rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work.
- Ability to work on fixed deadlines.
- Technical experience in designing and building complex systems that are used across multiple projects.
- Recognized as a leader and technical expert across organizations and teams.
- Comfortable teaching others with mixed disciplines.
- Must have strong experience in Unity
- Experience with PHP, Node.js, Java, Unity, Server-Based APIs.