Quality Assurance Engineer – Can you spot the errors in our posting?
Your uncontrollable need to point out others’ “FAIL” moments might explain why you were picked last in gym class, but no matter – now it’s your turn to be MVP. We need your sharp eye to spot mistakes so we can score a perfect product.
To make things fun for you, we’ve dropped a couple of errors in this job description. So as they say, “Play ball!” (Bonus points if you spot errors we didn’t even notice we made, you Quality Assurance master, you.)
What we’re looking for
ABC Company is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join its amazing engineering team. We have a website used by [your customer number] of customers, and we want to make sure each and every one of them has an amazing experience.
In this role, you’ll be the guardian of our outstanding customer experience. You will able to dive into many aspects of [insert product area], define a strategy for testing new features and functionality, and be responsible for quantifying and improving data quality across our entire site. Your job is to keep our ridiculously high-quality bar set ridiculously high, and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher.
You our are ideal candidate if you want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You have a keen attention to detail and are exceptionally good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws. You can juggle several balls and not lose track of the little things. You’re looking for a role with substantial opportunities to learn, grow, and take on more (the good news is, we have that stuff in spades!).
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- Enrolled in or have completed your B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (or the equivalent experience of such a degree).
- A passion for technology and a knack for details.
- Ability to create test plans, define testing strategies, and get a kick out of uncovering those hard-to-find bugs.
- Experience with Java or another object-oriented programming language.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excitement and passion for [Your industry]. We’re cool; we hope you are too.
- Experience with SQL and databases is a plus.
- Programming experience in a Linux/Unix environment. We mostly use Java, Python, and Ruby.
To apply please click the “Apply Now” button at the top and bottom of this page.
By the way, did you spot the errors in this job posting?
Return to Job Description Do’s and Don’ts or get great examples for other tech positions below:
- Back-End Software Engineer
- Big Data Engineer
- Cloud Engineer
- Database Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Mobile Developer
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Architect