[Your Company] seeking experienced iOS developer for happily ever after
Every great tech love story starts the same way. Developer falls in love with mobile platform. Mobile platform plays hard to get. Developer proves love for mobile platform by learning it inside out (you know, romantic details like in app-payments, Core Data, lists, and Xcode). Developer and mobile platform unite on iOS team and live happily ever after.
If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain with your iPhone [or insert a funny technically-relevant reference here, like the romantic details above], you’re in luck. We’re pining for a passionate developer to write beautiful code for our mobile team.
If nothing stands between you and your love for iOS development, you’re “The One” we’ve been waiting for. Don’t be coy and wait three days to call us; we want to hear from you now!
What we want you to do…
You’ll be a critical member of a small engineering team working on our new native iPhone and iPad apps (they’ll be in the app store soon). This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole mobile program, from design to production.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to our native apps written in Objective-C
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that’s super-fast for end users
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
Who you are…
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You’re someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you’re looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent, game-changing product vision, and a work hard/play hard company culture.
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- 2-7 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree in a related field, or a great reason for not having one (and we know there are reasons…)
- A track record of projects completed on time – you’re a flawless executor and know how to build great software
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Objective-C and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed (ideally you have shipped 1-2 substantial apps and know how to integrate with backend RESTful APIs)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- You can contribute at least 2 good songs to our team playlist
Who [Your Company] is…
We’re a big company with small company feel. We have a very talented group of people, and while we are growing fast, we try to maintain a friendly environment where people really want to work. You don’t have to take our word for it though – here are some quotes from your future team members:
“I love working at [Your Company] because I get to have a real impact. I talk to customers and can see the benefits my work has in their lives.” – Tracy A.
“[Your Company] is the best place I’ve ever worked. There’s an exciting company vision, a lot of really smart people, and we get so much done.” – Scott B.
If this sounds great to you, come join us. Click the “Apply Now” button.
Return to Job Description Do’s and Don’ts or get great examples for other tech positions below: