Looking for a Data Architect job description template that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Network Engineer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Data Architect Summary:
We’re in search of a Data Architect who is a master builder of data architecture, from development to implementation. You’ll be an important part of our database development cycle, supporting the design team and working in conjunction with the development team to bring database projects to completion. You’re solutions-oriented while being skilled at translating functional specifications that can affect data guidelines, and on the lookout for ways to connect our database projects to enterprise-level systems. As a Data Architect, you will also know how to assess systems to identify any potential issues or opportunities for improvement, and ensuring the final product meets the design team’s projections.
Data Architect Responsibilities:
- Build, design, integrate and implement data warehouse systems in accordance with company policy, providing design and programming architectures for code.
- Work in conjunction with design and development teams through the lifecycle of database projects.
- Address current company needs and implementing projects as required.
- Asses current data architecture and identify opportunities for growth and improvement, communicating those needs to relevant departments.
- Troubleshoot issues and problems, offering solutions while communicating those issues to appropriate departments.
- Identifying business impact, strategies and needs related to data infrastructure, then executing appropriate plans to accomplish associated goals.
- Lead a growing team of data architects.
- Stay current with industry standards and advancements, making recommendations on upgrades and changes as needed.
- Continuous monitoring of project scope, including budget development and managing timelines.
- Communicate project needs to appropriate departments, ensuring those needs are met.
- Mentor and train junior team members as needed.
Data Architect Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience working as a data architect.
- Ability to fully develop a feature across all data and application layers from inception.
- Ability to provide detailed architecture artifacts (L1/L2 diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc).
- Strong experience in API architecture (REST) and hands on implementation experience.
- Experience building and deploying applications on Cloud using IaaS such as Terraform or Cloudformation.
- Strong familiarity with Python and AWS services.
- Familiar with different programming paradigms (e.g. OOP vs Functional) and have worked through a cross section of the software engineering spectrum (APIs, Front-end, Backend, Data layers, Service layers, etc.)
- Strong sense of ownership with a bias for action.
- Experience with CI/CD and familiarity TDD/BDD (preferably you have concrete examples of each).
- Strong experience using and designing for relational databases and experience with non-relational databases.
- Not afraid to try new technologies, languages, or engineering challenges.
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across an organization.
- Desire to investigate and follow best practices.
- Experience and familiarity with the roles/responsibilities of Scrum and Kanban.