Looking for a job posting template for Data Analyst jobs that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free data analyst job description sample template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Data Analyst to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Data Analyst Job Summary:
We’re in search of a Data Analyst who lives, breathes and eats data, and knows how to turn that information into business gold, helping us to glean more information, gain more insight, and create more opportunities for our business to grow. You’ll need to be detail-oriented and methodical in your approach, but still capable of connecting and collaborating with like-minded departments to collect and analyze data based on logistics, sales numbers, market research and more, determining the trends that can inform our business going forward. Technical expertise is a must, as is the ability to provide clear and concise reports to support your findings. You’ll also be expected to enact quality control protocols to help us improve, manage our master data set, be a top-level troubleshooter, and have encyclopedic knowledge of databases and analysis tools.
Data Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collecting, interpreting and analyzing data with statistical methodology.
- Developing and generating reports across multiple systems for multiple departments that identify trends that can be applied to business growth.
- Work in tandem with multiple departments and management to establish data needs and reporting requirements.
- Communicate with management and multiple departments to identify data solutions and opportunities to leverage data to grow the business.
- Evolve our data collection capabilities, analytics and reporting process as the business evolves and grows by optimizing strategies, implement databases, and managing security, data sources and metadata.
- Oversee and manage master data content, while culling data from primary and secondary sources.
- Leading a team of Data Analysts and defining and developing best practices.
- Commissioning and decommissioning data sets as needed, while maintaining, cleaning and organizing data sets as needed.
- Build models, test data set validations, and clean our data sets to ensure the most accurate reporting.
- Upgrading our data software as needed, providing training for necessary parties.
- Identify and correct problems in our data sets, including performing quality assurance on imported data.
- Handling and managing confidential information in accordance with company policy, while building security needs as necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting as required.
- Keeping current with industry standards, and implementing updates as needed or required.
Data Analyst Skills/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics or a related field.
- One to three years’ experience in the same or related role.
- Experience in reporting packages such as Business Objects, and statistical packages including SPSS and SAS.
- Strong experience with Excel and other associated analytics tools.
- Capability in managing and translating data sets and models, including experience with relational databases and managing large data sets.
- Experience managing large-scale databases, with knowledge of methodologies and processes to identify information that could enhance our business.
- Strong data reporting skills, translating complex information for multiple departments.
- Experience leading a team of Data Analysts.
- Strong analytical mindset that translates to superior data gathering, cleansing, transforming, modeling and more.
- Ability to identify and implement data improvements, including new tools, software, and other associated programs that can streamline our data environment.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including presenting your findings to management.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills that lend themselves to inventive solutions.
- Leadership skills and the ability to connect and communicate across multiple departments.
- An eagle-eye attention to detail.
Related Data Analyst Hiring Resources