Looking for a job posting template for a Cloud Engineer that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free sample job description template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Cloud Engineer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Cloud Engineer Job Summary:
We’re in search of a Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of LaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion—and help us implement those, too.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.