Unless your best friend in high school persuaded you to join her mega-successful startup right after graduation—in which case you’re probably a millionaire, anyway—chances are pretty good you’ve applied for several jobs in the tech industry.
For most technology jobs, the application process is straightforward: you start by sending in your résumé and other materials. If the company likes what it sees, it will schedule a phone interview. If that goes well, you’ll have at least one in-person interview, after which the company will (hopefully) make you an acceptable offer.
But that’s a very simple description of a very complex process. To find a job there are a lot of variables and unknowns when it comes to any career builder type of activities. No matter how good the economy, the job search is always challenging.
With that in mind, the Dice Career ToolKit will give you:
Job Hunting Basics, which you can use to begin (and refine) your employment quest. Here are just a few of the articles we have available:
- Should You Jump to a New Technology Job This Year?
- Tips for Surviving Your First Year in Tech
- Fastest-Growing Tech Occupations Include Data Scientists, Engineers
- 5 Job Hunting Tips for Computer Science Grads
- Creativity is Key When Technologists Consider New Jobs
- Top States for Technology Salaries, Growth
- 5 Behaviors That Will Murder Your Job Hunt
- Job Search Tips for Baby Boomers in Tech
The secrets to building up your Career Network, including:
- 5 Ways to Leave Your Job Without Burning Bridges
- Job-Hunting Advice from CIOs
- Getting on an Executive Search Consultant’s Radar
- Networking: Building Your Contacts in New, More Effective Ways
- 5 Ways to Really Screw Up Your Job-Hunting Chances
- Networking Strategies for Over the Holidays
Tips and tricks for creating the perfect Résumés and Cover Letters, such as:
- Just Graduated? Time to Write a Great First Résumé
- Best Résumé Templates for Engineers and Other Tech Professionals
- Java, Data, Web Development Résumé Terms You Must Include
- Best Times and Days to Submit Your Résumé and Job Application
- How to Handle Employment Gaps on Your CV
- 5 Ways to Update That Outdated Résumé ASAP
- 5 Worst Things to Do on Your Résumé
- Power Verbs for Your Résumé and Cover Letter
And the best ways to conquer a Job Interview:
- First Tech Interview? Avoid These 5 Big Mistakes
- 4 Stealth Ways to Influence a Hiring Manager
- 5 Reasons Your Job Interviews Aren’t Becoming Job Offers
- Pushing Past Your Job Interview Fears
- Technology Job Newbies Face Stagnant Salaries (Things Get Better)
- Which Tech Jobs Demand Certifications?
And Career Development Resources, featuring a comprehensive library of resources for everything from interviewing to learning new skills. It’ll help you get on the right track, wherever you want to go.