Unless your best friend in high school persuaded you to join her mega-successful startup right after graduation—in which case you’re probably a millionaire, anyway—chances are pretty good you’ve applied for several jobs in the tech industry.
For most tech jobs, the application process is straightforward: you start by sending in your résumé and other materials. If the company likes what it sees, it will schedule a phone interview. If that goes well, you’ll have at least one in-person interview, after which the company will (hopefully) make you an acceptable offer.
But that’s a very simple description of a very complex process. In reality, there are a lot of variables and unknowns. No matter how good the economy, the job search is always challenging.
With that in mind, the Dice Career ToolKit will give you:
Job Hunting Basics, which you can use to begin (and refine) your employment quest. Here are just a few of the articles we have available:
- 5 Job Hunting Tips for Computer Science Grads
- Outdated Job Hunting Techniques That No Longer Work
- Overcoming Gender Bias in Job Hunting
- Big Problems Stalling Your Job Search
- 5 Behaviors That Will Murder Your Job Hunt
- Job Search Tips for Baby Boomers in Tech
- How to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft During a Job Search
- 15 Hardest-to-Fill Tech Jobs in the Nation’s Big Tech Hubs
The secrets to building up your Career Network, including:
- Networking: Building Your Contacts in New, More Effective Ways
- 5 Tips to Make Networking Less Terrible (and Maybe Even Fun!)
- Are Networking Events Really Worth It?
- Painless Ways to Build Your Professional Network
Tips and tricks for creating the perfect Résumés and Cover Letters, such as:
- 4 Steps to Great Cover Letter Writing
- Best Times and Days to Submit Your Résumé and Job Application
- Just Graduated? Time to Write a Great First Résumé
- 5 Ways to Update That Outdated Résumé ASAP
- 5 Worst Things to Do on Your Résumé
- Power Verbs for Your Résumé and Cover Letter
And the best ways to conquer a Job Interview:
- Winning Your First Job Interview: 5 Handy Tips
- 5 Reasons Your Job Interviews Aren’t Becoming Job Offers
- Pushing Past Your Job Interview Fears
- 5 Things Never to Lie About in a Job Interview
- 6 Ways to Control Your Narrative in a Job Interview
- Your Job Interview: What to Wear, and Which Looks to Avoid