Technology Consultant, Strategy & Architecture
Six Sigma Black Belt ▪ U.S. Citizen ▪ Secret Clearance ▪ ITIL Master
123 Any St. Arlington, VA ■ email@example.com ■ Mobile (123)555.1212
Expert in designing and implementing ITIL-based solutions and technology infrastructure that creates efficiencies and maximizes business value from IT investments for public sector clients.
Areas of expertise include: technology strategy & architecture, business process improvement, information systems development, package implementation, enterprise transformation, business process and applications outsourcing. [Insert link to your site.] (Tip: House links to your profiles, work samples, blog posts etc. in a single portfolio or website.)
- Requirements Gathering
- Consensus Building
- Gap Identification and Resolution
- Scope of Work Creation
- Business Process Flow Analysis
- Best Practices Implementation
- Change Management and Analysis
- Staff Management and Mentoring
- Planning, Governance & Compliance
- Application Strategy, Selection and Rationalization
- IT Strategy & Transformation
- Infrastructure Optimization
- Enterprise Architecture
- Cloud & As-a-Service Strategy
- Conversion Planning and Oversight
- Earned State Government’s Center of Excellence award for completing projects ahead of scheduled time and providing excellent customer service.
- Earned highest rating at Deloitte for past three years for effective leadership and outstanding results.
- Architected innovative infrastructure solutions utilizing multiservice centric technologies such as Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Unified Communications, Local and Wide Area Networking.
- Led major IT process improvement and capability maturity efforts across a number of government agencies, resulting in higher efficiency and improved service delivery at a lower cost.
- Designed and deployed scalable and agile Knowledge Management (KM) solutions that enable identification, creation, distribution and maintenance of knowledge capital.
Consultant, Technology Strategy & Architecture (2013 to present)
Federal Deloitte, Arlington, VA
Consultant, Technology Solutions Group (2010 to 2013)
Greater D.C. Consulting, Arlington, VA
Technology Project Manager and Architect (2008 to 2010)
ABC Bancorp, Bethesda, MD
IT Systems Analyst and Intern (2006 to 2008)
XYZ Aerospace, Arlington, VA
Selected Project Summaries
(Tip: Highlight projects that showcase your ability to analyze and solve business problems in your current or previous jobs if you’re an aspiring consultant.)
Client: State Power Authority (SPA) directs, controls and administers a wholesale electricity marketplace.
Scope: SPA needed to provide detailed cross-functional analysis and access to a wide range of financial data to a growing community of users across four states without adding staff.
- Assessed SPA’s current systems, processes and business needs.
- Recommended a Business Intelligence and Analytics Data Mart solution that reduced analysts’ workloads by 50% and provided new insights into the energy market efficiencies/inefficiencies.
Client: Multi-State Unemployment Insurance Benefits & Tax Authority (MUTA) is responsible for providing and maintaining the technical infrastructure, including the tax and accounting framework, for a four-state unemployment insurance system.
Scope: Create efficiencies by designing and enabling the implementation of a next-level enterprise architecture and operating model, including governance and a communication plan.
- Developed current and future state network diagrams, highlighting key changes and pain points.
- Defined/executed a transitional architecture master data management roadmap to deliver capability increments over two years.
- Led 10-member team that conducted information flow studies across 75+ data integration points, the analysis drove future-state integration architecture.
- Led the team through an iterative customization strategy that flowed through the stages of gap analysis, design, customization, testing, user review, integration testing, and UAT.
Client: State Human Services Department promotes the health and well-being of residents through the delivery or facilitation of public health services.
Scope: Provide state-of-the art eligibility, authorization, enrollment and case management services through updated and enhanced architecture as part of a $200 million healthcare system modernization program.
- Analyzed as-is technical architecture to design an updated risk-based security framework, enterprise technical strategies, business process management strategies, business rules etc.
- Worked with teams of system, information and security architects as well as and compliance operations in accordance with federal and state healthcare legislations and regulations, including healthcare related information security mandates from Social Security Administration (SSA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Created an EA Repository to store and manage artifacts and assets such as Business Process Models (BPM), Logical and Physical Data Models, Metadata Definitions, Service Interface Definitions (WSDL, XML Schema) using Sparx Enterprise Architect, SQL Server Database, UML, MS SharePoint etc.
Client: State Department of Workforce Solutions manages the state’s training, workforce development programs and unemployment insurance.
Scope: Combine insights from data science and behavioral science to eliminate small errors that happen when claimants apply for benefits, leading to overpayments.
- Improved communications and notifications for claimants during the vetting process for eligibility, when individuals report work and earnings or job-hunting activities.
- Tested various combinations including a pop-up message on the screen, a personal attestation or certification box, and simpler wording.
- The State successfully increased accuracy and reduced improper payments, savings millions per year following implementation.
Client: Federal Health Agency provides health-related data by geography to thousands of providers.
Scope: The agency needed a more effective way to analyze disparate, complex public and private data sets from around the world and collaborate with a host of partners.
- Recommended the installation of SEMOSS (www.semoss.org), an open-source data federation and analytics tool, creating a single analytics platform.
- Analysis time for an average task was reduced from four hours to four minutes.
Client: Corporation for Community Service is the nation’s largest grant-maker supporting service and volunteering.
Scope: The client needed a faster, more secure way to process grant applications.
- Analyzed current processes using Six Sigma from the perspectives of customer, efficiency and risk.
- Recommended and installed a SaaS Solution for grant making organizations eliminating 70 percent of paper applications and reducing processing time by 30% to 40%.
Complete Project List, Publications and Client Recommendations: [Insert Website]
White Paper: Enterprise Architecture: A Strategic Approach for Government Leaders
White Paper: SaaS Strategy Guide
Education, Certifications and Clearance
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Honor: VT MBA Case Competition, 2nd Place
Bachelor’s Degree, Business Information Technology
IASSC, Six Sigma Black Belt; ITIL Foundation Master Certification
U.S. Secret Clearance (insert dates and info)