123 Dorm Way #506 000.555.1212 Champagne, Ill. 00000
[Insert email address]
After June 16: 333 Any St., Chicago, Ill. 00000
OBJECTIVE: To obtain an entry-level IT position where I can use my education, technical experience and penchant for teamwork and continuous learning to bolster the contributions of a cutting-edge information technology team and the bottom line. Willing to travel or relocate.
[Note: Your objective should not only outline your goals but the value you offer to employers.]
EDUCATION: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne
Bachelor in Computer Science (June 2017)
G.P.A. 3.1/4.0 Note: Do not list G.P.A.’s under 3.0
Applied Linear Algebra
Statistics and Probability
Data Structure and Software Principles
Theory of Computation
Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Front Page, Flash
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, DOS
Databases: Access, SQL
PM Methodology: Agile
Coding Samples: Insert links to GitHub or other samples
Student Project Portfolio: Insert link here
Blue Cross of Illinois (Fall, 2016)
- Updated over 7,000 provider records in company’s Access database in preparation for open enrollment and assisted with migrating the data to other internal databases.
- Helped develop a database that let enrollees register unique names and passwords.
- Prospective enrollees were able to view the preferred providers before selecting a health plan.
Technical Innovations (Summer, 2016)
Software Development Intern
- Supported a 3-person development team by analyzing the software requirements, making code changes in C++, testing the system and explaining the changes to users.
“Raul was a great team player who exceeded our expectations and exhibited a positive attitude all the time. He completed all of the in- house project requirements on time.” —Bob Johnson, team lead.
ABC Informatics (Summer, 2015)
- Participated in testing and fixing bugs in existing code.
University Athletics Department
- Assisted with the redesign of athletics web site using HTML, Java and an Agile process which improved navigation and increased ticket sales by 15%. Click here to view the site.
- Integrated Flash slide shows, newsletter sign-ups and RSS.
- Helped create, manage and implement multiple applications for the back end using C++ while collaborating with a team of students and full-time developers.
- Participated in the development of a mobile app for Fighting Illini fans using iOS. The app features team rosters, one click ticket sales, parking and venue info, schedules and so forth. The app is available here.
City of Champagne
Network Infrastructure and Architecture
- Assisted with network design as part of an initiative to increase capacity and security in a Windows/Linux environment.
- Participated in a wide range of design activities including requirements analysis and translation of business requirements into specific system, application or process designs.
- Conducted vulnerability scans and monitored security reporting and alert systems.
Government Contract Experts
- Helped develop and implement a data quality program for a SQL database.
- Assisted with planning and documentation, data profiling and data monitoring and implementation of a technical data quality solution.
Geek Squad, Counter Intelligence Agent (2014-2015)
Transferable Skills and Responsibilities: Troubleshooting PCs utilizing Windows and Mac, peripherals, software, operating systems and Internet connections, customer service, problem resolution, communications and teamwork.
Walgreens, Cashier and Stock Clerk (2012-2014)
Transferable Skills and Responsibilities: Inventory management, customer service, cash handling, merchandizing, opening and closing, new hire training and teamwork.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
Team Captain, Intermural Soccer Club (2015 to present)
Member, Computer Science Society (2015 to present)
Member, Dean’s List (Six Semesters)