123 Any St. Milwaukee, Wisc. ♦ email@example.com ♦ 000.555.1212 ♦ LinkedIn ♦ Twitter ♦ IASAprofile
Senior Information Architect
Leader. Strategist. Designer.
Master designer with an enterprise perspective offering more than five years’ of success developing and implementing architectural concepts, strategies, roadmaps, patterns, frameworks, principles and recommended practices. Expert data warehouse designer and configuration manager. Known for spearheading process improvements and architectural techniques involving ERP systems resulting in productivity and profit gains and increased customer satisfaction.
- Led the redesign of applications and infrastructure systems, policies and procedures that resolved SAP performance issues.
Impact: Reallocation of 4.3 FTEs who were dedicated to troubleshooting.
- Launched master data management and governance strategies to address data quality issues, and archive processes for legacy data that belabored compliance with federal reporting mandates.
Impact: Annual savings of $4 million due to enhanced data integration and creation of master data clearinghouse process that streamlined reporting.
- Developed interfaces linking SAP, Salesforce and Planview.
Impact: Aided the successful attainment of the 2012 and 2013 business plan and the execution of a leveraged buyout by facilitating the alignment of strategy, sales, finance and operations.
COMPETENCIES AND TOOLS
Infrastructure Architecture: EMC, Sun, IBM, HP
Database Management: Oracle, SQL Server, Rdb/VMS, Microsoft Access
Database Modeling and Design: ERWin, Sparx, Rational
Data Warehousing: Informatica, DataStage, BusinessObjects, Cognos, Warehouse Builder, Pentaho
Application Development: PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Oracle APEX
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Application Architecture: SAP, Hybris, SiteCore, HANA
SAP Modules: FI/CO/SD/MM/PP/PS/CRM
Engineering Application Architecture: PLI, QMS, eCampus, eGain
Security Architecture: SSO, AD, Sophos, Symantec, assorted firewalls
Take Care Imaging Solutions (2012 to present)
Senior Information Architect
Take Care is a multimillion dollar developer of medical and dental imaging systems and IT solutions for healthcare providers around the world. The company was recently acquired by Mega Imaging Solutions.
- Design and implementation of the enterprise information architecture (EIA).
- Creation of information requirements, principles, context diagrams and data models, the roadmap and directions that powered management’s key initiatives.
- Established and oversight of data governance, data standards and release policies.
- Creation and oversight of data warehouse, data quality assessments and reporting, data modeling and integration, and data profiling.
- Design, creation and implementation of databases for image storage and processing.
- Oversight and effectiveness of ERP systems, applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Hire, manage, mentor and train a staff of 8.
- Saved thousands in fines and staff hours related to reporting delays and deficiencies.
- Designed and delivered an extensible transactional database for storing and retrieving hundreds of dental and medical images per month boosting new client acquisition by 24%.
- Improved cash flow 38% through the redesign of SAP financial modules and processes.
- Expedited and enabled the promotion of three staff members.
Global Pharmaceuticals (2009 to 2012)
Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Architect
Responsible for architecting and overseeing the implementation of a robust data infrastructure to fuel the global expansion of this major pharma company.
- Designed and built new data centers in U.S., Great Britain, France and Germany.
- Designed and implemented a new WAN in 5 sites across three countries.
- Developed and implemented data migration strategies for consolidating data from 45 heterogeneous sources to a single Oracle database.
- Oversaw full lifecycle data management for structured and unstructured data from creation, storage, quality, integration, risk management to business intelligence and processes.
- Maintained data for analysis and interpretation of clinical trials.
- Created and reviewed data warehouse applications design, build, and test plans to ensure they met the functional and technical design specifications using industry standards and established methodology.
- Empowered the company’s global expansion resulting in the addition of 6 new locations while keeping total expenses to .7% of gross revenues.
- Reduced data storage costs by 15% and facilitated the analysis of clinical trial results, resulting in the approval of two new drugs.
Blue Cross, Data Warehouse Architect (2007 to 2009)
Critical Care, DBA/Information Architect (2005 to 2007)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
B.A.: Computer Information Systems, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Certifications: CITA-F, CITA-A, CITA-S, CITA-P
Member: IASA, Milwaukee Chapter
IA Conference: 2012, 2013, 2014