Stephen Jones, CSTE
123 Easy St. Apt. B12
Las Vegas, NV 00000
Phone: 000.555.1212 | email@example.com
LinkedIn | firstname.lastname@example.org |GitHub | Twitter
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTER
Offering three years of full lifecycle development experience, a penchant for customer service, and a growing understanding of the principles, practices and tools affecting software quality.
- Familiar with industry standard best practices and methodologies for QC testing.
- Experience using industry standard software and tools and developing test plans and QC validation check lists to authenticate the quality of software releases.
- Fast learner with significant attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork, diplomacy and communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance timelines and business needs with risk.
- Functional, integration & system testing
- Test plans, cases, processes & functional requirements
- Scripting & documentation
- Performance & UAT testing
- UI & compatibility testing
- Ad Hoc & regression testing
- Performance/load/stress testing
- Testing automation
- Defect tracking tools
- Client server/Web environments
Shop ‘Till You Drop—Henderson, NV
Growing, online shopping network specializing in close-out merchandise from famous makers.
Software Developer and QA Tester, 4/12 to Present
Acquired an affinity for testing while serving as a key member of an Agile software development team. Known for prioritizing defects, balancing risk with reward, and proactively testing and influencing sound release decisions under tight deadlines.
Tools: Test Manager, QTP/UFT, Load Runner, Visual Studio Testing Tools, Java, C#, VBScript, SQL, .NET, XML, Windows, Linux, Unix
Key Tasks, Responsibilities and Results:
- Develop test plans in coordination with product development and create test cases based on the requirements.
- Create use cases, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects.
- Implement testing plans and test cases and present testing results.
Prevented millions of dollars in state sales tax undercharges by initiating tests that revealed a bug in a new release of shopping cart software.
Isolated previously undiscovered flaw in price checking tool resulting in more competitive pricing and a 20 percent increase in revenue.
Created comprehensive database of documented test defects and procedures accelerating QA testing turn-around time by 18 percent and increasing staff capacity by 12 percent.
Implemented automated testing tools spawning more diligent levels of regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
Load tested new website prior to peak-season release resulting in a smooth transition, no loss of customers and an 8 percent increase in completed sales transactions over the prior year.
Software Developer and Coder, 4/10 to 4/12
Developed, maintained and tested Web applications and databases as well as client server applications for purchasing and human resources as a valuable member of an Agile team.
Tools: Java, C#, VBScript, SQL, .NET, XML, PHP, Linux, UNIX
Key Tasks, Responsibilities and Results:
- Maintained and edited current Web apps and wrote semantic markup.
- Developed Web services in PHP to communicate with the database.
- Created data retrieval and insertion queries on SQL relational databases.
- Maintained source code.
- Developed elaborate test cases and conducted customized walkthroughs.
- Participated in unit testing and bug fixing.
- Maintained traceability matrix and defect logs.
Updated PO maintenance application for items with frequent prices changes facilitating advance purchases, better margins and faster shipping times during peak holiday periods.
Developed Web application allowing employees to submit and manage PTO requests. Tested and documented the new application by creating technical design documents.
Maintained the integrity of application source code and underlying data through the use of version control system, SVN.
Clark County—Clark County, NV
Clark is the nation’s 12th-largest county. It provides extensive regional services to more than 2 million citizens and 43 million visitors a year.
IT Support / Development Intern, 2/09 to 8/09
Updated existing apps and reporting tools providing enhanced user experiences. Assisted development team with various forms of testing.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Nevada State University – Henderson, NV
Associates of Applied Science in Computing & Information Technology
College of Southern Nevada – Las Vegas, NV
HP LoadRunner Tutorials, Live Project QA training series, www.softwaretestinghelp.com