Rochelle “Shelly” Chu
123 Easy St. Milwaukee, Wisc. 00000
000.555.1212 ■ email@example.com
Twitter ■ Facebook ■ Google+ ■ Blog ■ LinkedIn ■ GitHub ■ StackOverflow ■ website ■ YouTube
Rock Star Web App Developer
Full stack developer with awesome Python skills, hefty product development experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, looking to create world-class applications as part of a lean and mean team at an innovative startup dedicated to saving lives and ending disease.
See my ideas for improving your product and participation: www.youtube.com/watch###
- Team player, willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed: front end, back end and everything in between.
- Driven, passionate developer with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Full lifecycle expertise with strong object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Thrifty and resourceful. Created dozens of high performing apps using Django.
- Fervent supporter of organizations and causes that help people live long, healthy lives.
Wisconsin Bank & Trust, Senior Web App Developer2011 to present
Known as a bodacious collaborator with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude who develops production ready Web applications in record time. Organized WB&T’s annual “Race for the Cure” and blood drive teams. Named “WB&T Volunteer of the Year” by my colleagues.
- Identified opportunities to improve teller productivity and job satisfaction by helping them view customer transactions and statements online and pioneering the idea of filtering columns using PyQt.
- Conceived and developed six apps using full Python stack.
- Recognized the need to develop data tables to display customer information and update customer records, then spearheaded the projects using Python, MySQL and XML.
- Reduced paperwork by creating forms, views and models for everything from new accounts to mortgages and commercial banking transactions using Django.
- Improved user satisfaction by boosting the efficiency of MySQL query designs, eliminating bugs and scaling back end systems to meet growing traffic requirements.
- Personally wrote, modified or patched more than 100,000 lines of code and persevered through obstacles completing more than 66 upgrades within three years.
- Resourcefully utilized GitHub to spur collaboration between co-workers.
- Actively participated in requirements gathering, coding, creating test scripts, testing, production support, documentation and maintenance/patch deployments.
- Partnered with designers to create sitemaps, improve Web page layouts and interfaces.
Wisconsin Tribune, News Application Developer2009 to 2011
- Conceived and developed tools for Web producers, editors and reporters, including social media widgets and larger scale editorial projects like election results.
- Prioritized and fixed site-related design problems and took the initiative to implement new features based on feedback from users.
- Led the development of a big hairy scalable Web back end in Python.
- Reduced development time and costs by 42 percent by implementing Django framework.
- Led and coordinated the migration of older Java-based websites to Python/Django.
- Created and deployed applications on a diverse range of platforms including Linux.
- Designed and configured MySQL database and back end applications and programs.
Big Commodity Trader, Intern2008
My Technical Strengths
Databases: MySQL, NoSQL.
Frameworks: Django, Flask, webapp2, Zend
App Engine/Cloud Platform experience
My Outside Activities
Side Projects and Challenges: HackerRank Python Tutorials, Python Challenge, Codingbat, PyWeek Challenge
Coding Samples and Projects: Stack Overflow www.stackoverflow.com/users/00000/schu. GitHub www.github.com/pythonguru
Organizations: Python Software Foundation, PyLadies, Susan G. Komen
Conferences: PyCon 2013, 2014
Leadership: Committee Chair, Race for the Cure; Red Cross Blood Drive of Greater Wisconsin
See our team cross the finish line at www.YouTube.com/WB&T####
Blog: See my Python development tips PTOW (Python Thought of the Week) www.ptow.com
My Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer ScienceUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison
Intro to Python, Python 300-System Development with Python