100 Any St.000.555.1212
San Leandro, CAtong@email.com
Follow Me: @scrumguy . email@example.com . firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Project Manager—Scrum Master
Accomplished servant-leader capable of delivering large-scale software and Web development projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching multiple Scrum teams. Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, removing impediments and fostering self-management. Capable of bringing overwhelming enthusiasm and awareness to projects, applying expert judgment to the removal of impediments, keeping teams focused and delivering success in rapidly evolving and dynamic environments.
Areas of Expertise
|Agile Principals||Tasking Meetings/Retrospectives|
|Project Management||Story-Based Development|
|Iteration/Sprint Planning Meetings||Conflict Resolution|
Project Manager/Scrum Master
2011 to present
Collaborate, facilitate, lead and coach 10 Scrum teams responsible for developing dozens of software products and automated tools for this major provider of outsourced payroll, benefits of HR services.
Selected Responsibilities and Achievements:
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Enact change and continuous improvement increasing the productivity of Scrum teams by 16% and the quality of deliverables by 22%
- Empowered teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality
- Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, prioritize resolution of defects/bugs as evidenced by the on-time delivery of 33 major initiatives
- Met goal of addressing and resolving issues within 24 hours
- Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment
- Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups
- Communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
Scrum Master/Web Project Manager
2009 to 2011
Responsible for guiding the planning, tracking and day-to-day activities of Web development teams for this $1 billion retailer during its transition from Waterfall to Agile methodologies.
Selected Responsibilities and Achievements
- Successfully migrated more than 25 projects from Waterfall to Scrum within 6 months
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Taught the team to create clear and concise epics/stories
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise
- Worked with the engineering managers to identify cross-team dependencies and manage inter-team tasks
- Facilitated Scrum of Scrum for offshore teams in India.
- Evangelized the benefits of Scrum to ensure its smooth adoption
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time by 35%
- Authored and persuasively presented proposal to executive team, and directed initiative for a major e-commerce program projected to save $20M per year
Web Project Manager/ Scrum Master
Web Project Manager
Senior Web Developer
Count On Us Web Solutions
2005 to 2009
Promoted to project manager and later Scrum Master after successfully developing websites, Web-enabled tools and software for this major provider of websites and software to mid-size accounting firms.
Skills, Certifications and Education
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I and II and Professional Scrum Developer (PSD)
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Waterfall, Agile techs.
Web Development Tools: Visual Studio 2005 / 2008 / 2010, Dream Weaver 8.0
Operating Systems: Windows XP, NT, 2003 Server
Other Skills: Photoshop, Corel Draw, MS Office
Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Certificate in Web Development, California State University, Sacramento
Now that you’ve got the perfect resume, are you ready to perfect that interview process to land your dream job? Check out the answers to the top scrum master interview questions to put yourself ahead of the pack.