123 Melrose Place, Hollywood, CA 90000
firstname.lastname@example.org | 310.555.1212 | email@example.com
Dynamic Servant Leader and turnaround specialist offering more than a decade of success in financial services and entertainment.
“Andy shifted our paradigm for IT. He transformed the department from a reactive cost center into a strategically aligned profit contributor.” Jed Jenkins, CEO, XYZ Entertainment Credit Union
Information Systems Executive known for implementing state-of-the-art technology-based business applications and customer-friendly mobile apps while reducing costs, boosting employee morale and lowering turnover in under-performing technology organizations.
Areas of Expertise:
|IT Strategy & Execution||Vendor Sourcing|
|Strategic Planning||Leadership & Talent Management|
|Infrastructure Deployment||Budgeting & Cost Control|
|Enterprise Architecture Planning||Vendor Relations|
Hardware: PCs, modems, routers, bridges, switches, Dell and UNIX Servers.
Networks: Novell Netware, Microsoft, VOIP, ISDN, TCP/IP
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Android
Software: SalesLogix, WebFocus, Cisco Director, Crystal Reports
ERP Packages: SAP and JDA
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, XML, Java, Delphi, Perl, CGI
Traits: Welcomes diverse opinions, cultivates a culture of trust, encouraging coach and expert people developer. Excellent listener, communicator and consensus-builder.
XYZ Entertainment Credit Union Los Angeles, Calif.2009 to present
CIO and IS Director
Provide vision and leadership for all technology systems, operations and projects for 10 location credit unions that services individuals and businesses affiliated with the entertainment industry. Managed the implementation of new programs, reorganized entire department, developed and implemented short-and long-term organizational strategies while changing IT’s culture, mission and strategic alignment.
- Re-engineered the general ledger and developed a new chart of accounts which streamlined and shortened the financial closing process by 35 percent.
- Transitioned to SAP financials which eliminated inefficient processes from disparate systems and reduced the time spent on budgeting and forecasting by 50 percent.
- Developed and implemented standards, controls, and procedures for all existing financial systems.
- Utilized systems development methodology to ensure compliance with internal and external systems audit requirements.
- Reduced headcount by 15 percent and personnel costs by 25 percent by introducing detailed project plans and weekly work assignments, increasing accountability, empowering front line decision making, cutting red tape and encouraging the submission of ideas and feedback.
- Reduced voluntary turnover by 45 percent, boosted employee satisfaction levels by 68 percent despite headcount reductions as measured by HR’s annual pulse survey.
- Launched pay-for-performance incentives and rewards structure that increased productivity by 42 percent.
- Re-engineered 10 office corporate WAN networks increasing speed and reliability by 15 percent and lowering operational costs by 25 percent.
- Upgraded corporate gateway to a cloud based network as part of a five-year migration plan.
- Managed design, development and implementation of new corporate Web and Intranet sites.
- Directed the development of three mobile banking applications which reduced teller lines and ATM visits by 22 percent and increased customer retention and deposits by 10 percent.
- Oversaw the development of two mobile apps that allowed the sales team to access rates and product info from their mobile devices and secure key commercial accounts.
New Era Studios Hollywood, Calif.2007 to 2009
Analyzed existing and organizational needs to determine the ideal structure for the IT department and oversaw the organization’s rebirth for this major entertainment company.
- Planned, designed and installed a system to satisfy management, end user and public reporting requirements while reducing day-to-day operating costs by 32 percent.
- Coordinated detailed requirement gathering sessions, conferred with business owners and product management to establish priorities, overcome concerns and determine roadmap.
Vendor Selection and Management
- Led initiative to evaluate and implement outsourced/cloud computing for all locations including the creation and management of the RFP process.
- Responsible for capacity planning and implementing SLA’s to ensure outsourced systems support business and company goals.
- Designed phased infrastructure migration strategy to move legacy applications from a client-server platform to a modern enterprise application and services platform (Apache, WebLogic 8.1 Server / Portal, Linux, Oracle 9.1, Solaris) with best of breed components. The result was increased end-user satisfaction and enhanced productivity.
Education and Professional Affiliations:
Executive MBA, Pepperdine University Graziadio School
B.S. Computer Science Cal State Northridge
Past President, Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals
Speaker, 2012 IT Summit Los Angeles: “Repositioning IT for the Future”