16 B Street Apt.104Phone: 000.555.1212
San Diego, CA 00000Email: email@example.com
Cloud Systems Administrator
A dynamic professional looking to apply five years of diverse, cutting edge systems administration experience and visionary leadership to the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system cloud networks.
Areas of Expertise
Innovation and Vision
- Achieved economies of scale and reduced spending on technology infrastructure and staff by 10 percent after spearheading the migration of key apps and data to the cloud.
- Facilitated global expansion by providing remote employees access to information and data.
- Reduced speed-to-market from 4 months to just 3 weeks through better use of resources and the creation of a new R&D model following the implementation of cloud-based data and apps.
- Increased revenues by 8 percent by offering customers and partners access to secure shipment data, invoicing and other information via the Internet and increasing accountability by transitioning the sales team to Salesforce.com.
- Planned, designed and implemented availability and disaster recovery strategies for outsourced apps and systems.
- Evaluated and reconfigured the existing network setup to create a robust, scalable solution.
Leadership, Communication and Project Management
- Recognized outsourcing opportunities and built support for change by providing leadership, guidance and advice to the CIO, CTO and other technology leaders.
- Chaired cross-functional teams and committees that studied cloud feasibility, recommended SaaS and other outsourced solutions and created a seamless transition plan.
- Led the project team responsible for the migration of data and apps to the cloud.
- Led a blended team responsible for a major server upgrade, which significantly enhanced system performance.
- Led enterprise-level hardware/software installations and upgrades, user training and dozens of other projects.
Vendor Relationships and Negotiations
- Participated in the development of technical proposals for labor, hardware and recurring costs related to the implementation and ongoing maintenance of outsourced cloud solutions.
- Advised procurement and line managers throughout negotiations. Contributed to the development of SLAs, scorecards and benchmarks.
- Provided oversight, feedback and developed key vendor relationships.
Architecture, Virtualization and Systems Administration
- Created a highly-scalable, distributed system for running Web applications and Web services by working with architects and developers and ensuring the implementation of RESTful Web services and API design.
- Planned, designed and created storage, networking and other system components.
- Planned, designed and implemented a backup and disaster recovery program.
- Achieved 99 percent uptime and resolved a history of network failure by directing the implementation and performance tuning of a Windows server environment, rebalancing workloads, correcting server configuration problems and writing scripts to ensure smooth server/reboot functioning.
- Developed, operated and managed a network that operated in a secure VPN-enabled environment.
- Planned, implemented and controlled user and account security rights and restrictions.
XYZ Manufacturing, Sr. Network Administrator/ Cloud Administrator2009 to present
Spearheaded cloud initiatives for this major manufacturer of aerospace parts while serving as senior network administrator.
SD Real Estate, Systems Administrator2005 to 2009
Managed a WAN that encompassed 16 offices across San Diego County.
Jones and Jones, Junior Network Administrator2003 to 2005
Acquired and honed network admin skills and acquired WAN and VPN expertise while working for this law firm that has three offices in greater San Diego, one in Tijuana and one in Mexico City.
United Aerospace, Tech Support Supervisor2001 to 2003
Promoted to supervisor after 12 months on the help desk for this multi-billion dollar aerospace manufacturer. Apprenticed under one of the network admins for six months.
Education and Training
Certifications: MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE Messaging, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CCP: Certified Cloud Technology Professional
Training Courses: Salesforce: Administration Essentials for Experienced Admins
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science with a networking and information security emphasis
California College San Diego.
Selected Technical Proficiencies
Networking: Windows Server, Cisco IOS, Exchange Server, SQL Server, ITIL, OpenSwan VPN, Cisco VPN and other VPN client/server technologies.
Cloud Providers: Amazon, GoGrid, Rackspace, Terremark, Savvis, Salesforce.
Virtualization Platforms and Cloud Infrastructure: VMware, vSphere/vCenter/ESXi, REST
Cloud Security Architecture: OpenID authentication and secure data transfer protocols.