Catherine Banks, MBA
123 Main St. Ames IA 00000 ■ 000.555.1212 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org
IT DIRECTOR ■ IT MANAGER
A driving force for corporate and technical transformations
Technically proficient, business savvy leader and management professional, offering more than three years of bottom line savings including $2 million through vendor negotiations, $1 million in systems improvements and $2 million in human capital reductions while delivering hundreds of large-scale projects on time and on budget.
“Catherine got our IT department back on track and positively impacted our company’s bottom line and productivity. She devised and executed her plan with precision, fortitude and professionalism.” —Will Rivers, CFO, ABC Associates
|Strategic Planning||Project Management|
|Business Solutions||Capital Expenditure Planning|
|Team Leadership||Contract Negotiations|
ABC ASSOCIATES, LLC – Ames IA2010-Present
Overview: Deliver business services and reduce IT expenditures resulting in organizational realignment, system refinement and significant cost savings. Responsible for 6 managers and 60 employees and supporting 800 users across 10 global locations.
- Conduct in-depth technical analysis of all systems, including the governance framework, architecture, and disaster recovery and business continuity; delivered gap analysis and recommendations, attaining 99% up time.
- Reduce FTEs by 10 percent, saving more than $2 million per year through the development of higher standards, new hiring profiles and cross-training programs.
- Save more than $2 million through aggressive negotiation of contracts and pricing on a budgeted $10 million for hardware/software purchases and consulting services.
- Decrease inventory, application pricing, and licensing expenses by establishing standardization for applications, PC desktops, and networking systems.
- Oversaw more than 136 projects of various sizes resulting in an on time on budget completion rate of 96 %.
- Streamline the IT function by separating support tasks, creating new leadership positions and implementing best practices resulting in savings of $1 million.
XYZ MANUFACTURING—Ames IA2007 to 2010
Overview: Responsible for a staff of 8 and supporting 250 users in 3 remote sites.
- Increased network efficiency by 15% by re-configuring routers between sites, IP Sec LAN-to-LAN VPN tunnels.
- Personally managed Active Directory, Blackberry Enterprise Server, MS Exchange, Barracuda Web filter and Spam filter.
- Implemented and administered Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unified Voice Mail Server.
- Improved network security by upgrading the system, applying patches and vigilant monitoring.
IOWA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT—Iowa City IA2004 to 2007
Computer Network Technologist
Overview: Served as a technical resource for network and telecommunications technology while pursing an MBA. Assisted with the design, development, integration, implementation, and maintenance of network and telecommunications systems as well as the coordination and development of projects.
- Developed and maintained interoperable network and telecommunications systems and ensured network and data security.
- Continuously evaluated new technologies as they apply to district needs.
- Analyzed complex network telecommunications issues or problems, evaluated alternative solutions and made sound recommendations.
- Analyzed and defined user problems and/or requirements and developed efficient, cost-effective network systems solutions, while communicating options and ramifications to stakeholders.
- Planned, designed, installed, troubleshot, and repaired LAN, WAN, and telecommunication hardware and software, and fiber and copper media.
Education and Credentials
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
MBA for Professionals and Managers
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CNE Novell Certified NetWare Engineer
- CCNA Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- CNA Novell Certified NetWare Administrator