123 B. St. Apt 1A Santa Clara CA 00000
Marketing Database Analyst
An intuitive, innately collaborative professional seeking to leverage superb coding and reporting skills, a strong command of the SQL language, and a penchant for marketing and statistical analysis in a challenging position as a marketing database analyst.
Highlight relevant technical and non-technical skills in your branding statement and profile section when applying for a hybrid position
|• SQL Development||• Teamwork & Communications|
|• Statistical Analysis and Research||• Marketing Acumen|
|• Reporting and Dashboards||• Strategy Development|
Summarize job-related experience and accomplishments under major job-related competencies. It’s OK to cite examples from volunteer and paid work, training courses, part-time gigs, internships, etc., especially if you’re transitioning from a pure tech role.
Selected Competencies and Accomplishments
- Full lifecycle SQL developer and key technical resource for analysis, design, development and implementation of the marketing solutions environment.
- Expert in MS SQL Server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2008.
- Built test database environments using various technologies such as Linux, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Created scripts for tables, views and data manipulation for the marketing team.
- Designed queries using T-SQL and ANSI-SQL to elicit relevant customer information for development of reports utilized by marketing in forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Identified new data sources and remedied data quality issues that boosted campaign effectiveness by 10 percent.
- Manage and develop mappings, scripts and schedules.
- Assist the development team in the gathering and documentation of business requirements, analysis and design of reporting tools and data to support the marketing team.
- Fulfilled customer segmentation and analysis requests in a deadline driven environment.
Statistical Analysis and Market Research
- Analyzed marketing requirements and translated them into technical specifications.
- Uncovered opportunities to acquire market share from major competitors by analyzing consumer sentiment data and competitor sales data.
- Analyzed alumni donation patterns and behaviors while chairing a fundraising campaign for a major university.
- Helped formulate plans and key objectives for a marketing program to support the launch of CruiseURWay while serving on a cross-functional team.
- Contributed ideas to major lead nurturing initiatives involving scoring, nurturing, triggering, gating etc.
- Developed a comprehensive marketing strategy for a fictitious company as part of a strategic marketing course.
Teamwork and Communications
- Liaised with customers, the public, municipal government, and other external sources as a corporate representative to the Santa Clara Business Alliance.
- Facilitated meetings with marketing stakeholders and presented progress reports on major initiatives.
- Recognized as “Team Player of the Quarter” by the SQL development team.
Show how you acquired your knowledge and skills by providing a brief, chronological summary of your work and other relevant experience.
|Super Cruise Lines||2008 to present|
|SQL Developer, assigned to marketing||2012 to present|
|Junior SQL Developer||2009 to 2011|
|Tech Support Level II||2008 to 2009|
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications and supporting the marketing team.
|ABC Retirement Solutions||Summer, 2007|
|Database Team Intern|
- Performed database maintenance activities and implemented database change requests.
Other Relevant Experience
|Santa Clara Business Alliance||Corporate Representative|
|Santa Clara University||Alumni Ambassador|
Education and Training
|Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science||Santa Clara University|
|Marketing 101 and Statistics 101||Santa Clara Community College|
|Video and Podcast Training||American Marketing Assoc.|
|Strategic Marketing Course||UC Berkeley Extension|
Required reading: “Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer’s Brain” by Patrick Renvoise, Christophe Morin