New York: 714 3rd Ave. Apt. 6B 162 Durgin Park Rd.Boston:
New York, NY 00000Boston, Mass. 00000
firstname.lastname@example.org | 000.555.1212 | email@example.com
Linux Certified System Administrator
Self- starter, highly motivated Linux expert offering four years’ experience as an open source aficionado and creator of a healthy and robust networking environment.
- Increase network uptime and system availability by 38 percent
- Facilitate the growth of ABC Financial including the acquisition of XYZ
- Automate administrative tasks through scripting
- Reduce security breaches by 3 percent
- Reduce support requests by 15 percent through customized employee training
Red Hat Enterprise LinuxWindows
CFEngine and PuppetNetApp, EMC and Equallogic
Solaris and FreeBSDNetScreen Security Manager
ABC Financial Services2008 to present
System Administrator2011 to present
Junior System Administrator2009 to 2011
Support Specialist2008 to 2009
Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers including web servers, mail servers, application servers and database servers for this major provider of financial services. Also responsible for optimizing system performance and protecting the company from risk and data loss; performing software installations and upgrades to Linux systems and maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Improve response time to technical issues by 23 percent.
- Improve system performance by working with the development team to analyze, identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Ensure data recoverability by implementing system and application level backups.
- Reduce security breaches by 3 percent through detailed risk assessments, implementing solutions and authoring new security standards.
- Set up and maintain NetScreen-Security Manager.
- Author and modify scripts for application deployment as well as system monitoring.
- Develop and conduct network training for employees that reduced help desk calls by 15 percent.
- Automate administration tasks through use of scripting.
New York Medical Center2005-2008
Help Desk Specialist
Provided weekend and evening software, hardware, peripherals and network support to more than 2,000 employees at this major medical center while attending New York City College of Technology.
- Recognized for assisting the user community in a timely fashion.
- Established and maintained a parts inventory for computers, as well as other supplies and computer center-related materials.
- Supported UNIX, MS Office, telecom and a variety of healthcare applications.
Education and Training
Master’s Degree in Computer Science New York City College of Technology
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Boston University
Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Linux Professional Institute: LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3
Intense School’s Linux Boot Camp 2009
Member, New York Linux Meetup Group