123 Main St. Apt. 1 | New York, NY 00000 | 000.555.1212 | email@example.com
Freelance Project Manager
Cost-conscious, reliable project manager offering a proven history of success supervising, planning, and managing one or more multifaceted IT projects with multiple deliverables, complex dependencies and multi-million dollar budgets.
Communication and Goal Setting
- Maximize productivity by setting clear expectations and proactively communicating project status, issues and risks to internal stakeholders and top management.
- Draft and distribute project objectives and tasks to the solutions team.
- Negotiate successfully with clients, staff and outside vendors.
- Nurture relationships with project sponsors as well as business and IT executives.
- Craft and disseminate a clear vision by linking projects to the company’s objectives and results.
- Direct and oversee multiple PMs and/or team leads on complex projects.
- Ensure integrity and delivery of multiple projects with respect to time, budget, scope, change, risk and resources.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Manage resource allocation across multiple projects including tracking resource bandwidth and forecasting future availability for scheduling new projects.
- Guarantee the attainment of key milestones by proactively tracking metrics and project outputs.
- Apply effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
- Mitigate risk by identifying, escalating and resolving issues across multiple delivery groups and/or projects.
- Conduct planning and operational readiness assessments to provide an effective transition into production.
- Identify, maintain and coordinate the elements that lead to financial success.
- Collaborate with finance team to determine impact and implications of various options and recommend the best course for project delivery.
- Accountable for management of financial risk and opportunities across multiple project phases and delivery groups.
- Facilitate the development of a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Work with project team and key stakeholders to devise best practices and continuous improvement of project delivery across the enterprise.
- Synchronize the efforts of major initiatives involving multiple groups and departments.
- Coach, mentor and motivate junior level PMs and leads.
- Escalate issues and concerns appropriately.
- Offer input and feedback on growth and development opportunities for junior PMs.
- Consider, prioritize and balance the competing needs of diverse stakeholders
- Manage matrixed resources and related relationships within each functional area.
Selected Projects and Achievements 2009-present
(Complete project chronology available upon request)
- Software Upgrade: Managed a team of 12 through all phases of a $17 million upgrade in the banking operations software for ABC Bancorp.
Results: Achieved a seamless, defect-free migration at 10 percent below budget with no unscheduled downtime, due to careful planning and strategic resource allocation.
- Digital Initiative: Rescued a troubled $13 million project that involved building a full web/mobile campaign around a TV show for XYZ Productions.
Results: Got project back on track within a week by creating a well-defined project backlog plan, removing impediments and tightly integrating offshore development teams into the project work stream.
- PeopleSoft Enhancement: Created application enhancements, reports and debugged contract to cash modules in PeopleSoft for Mega Financial Services.
Results: Completed project one month ahead of schedule, for $1.2 million under budget while garnering acclaim from key stakeholders.
- Database Development: Guided a team of eight in the development of relational database management systems (RDBMS) for a multi-billion dollar global staffing firm.
Results: Reduced inefficiencies and the time needed to fill requisitions by 15 percent.
- Infrastructure: Led several teams at Mega Financial Services in completing file migrations, office moves, data center migrations, business objects/reporting and SharePoint migrations following the acquisition of a major retirement services firm.
Results: Completed $34 million in mainstream technical upgrade projects within 8 months
- Enterprise Implementations: Directed global rollouts of new software and systems for two Fortune 100 insurance firms.
Results: Ensured timely releases through diligent planning, neutering vendor relationships and partnering with the controller to develop realistic forecasts.
Microsoft Project ▪ Excel ▪ Outlook ▪ PowerPoint ▪ Word
Windows NetMeeting ▪ Microsoft LiveMeeting
Cisco WebEx ▪ CutePDF ▪ Adobe Acrobat ▪ Blackboard
Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)