Netflix is awarding $100,000 in prize money for help in making their open-source cloud computing projects better. Contest submissions will be judged by a panel of experts, and anyone can enter.
The Netflix Cloud Prize is divided into 10 categories that each offer a $10,000 prize. The judges include:
- Amazon.com Chief Technology Officer Werner Vogels
- Thoughtworks Chief Scientist Martin Fowler
- Strategist Simon Wardley
- Telx Senior Vice President and author of Cloudonomics Joe Weinman
- University of Aarhus Developer Training Expert Aino Corry
- Netflix Cloud Vice President Yury Izrailevsky.
The entry deadline is Sept. 15, 2013. Winners will be announced in October, and prizes will be presented at the Amazon Web Services Re:Invent conference in November. All winners will be invited to attend the conference in Las Vegas, as guests of Netflix.
For more details, including the prize categories and existing Netflix open-source projects, see the Netflix Open Source page on github.