Scurti argues that Oracle’s VDI beats its competitors because:
- It’s certified on all Oracle applications.
- They’re not just a Windows OS shop. Oracle’s VDI can connect to any OS you want it to.
- It has an integrated smart card. By pulling the smart card and bringing it to another machine, you can session in and out from one desktop to any other and be at the same point with your applications or anything else you want.
- It can lower your total cost of ownership because you’re not refreshing a desktop every three years but rather after seven years, or longer.
- It lowers power costs. Typical desktop runs at 150 watts, Oracle’s virtual desktop runs at about 4 watts.