Are you having to deal with more iOS devices? Tell us in the comments below.
Mobile enterprise firm Good Technology says iOS-based devices accounted for around 80 percent of new activations on corporate networks in the first quarter. Android-based devices accounted for just 20 percent. Windows Mobile, meanwhile, had a very small presence.
The study, as reported in Network World, also found:
- When it comes to tablets, iPads accounted for 97.3 percent of activations, while Android tablets accounted for just 2.7 percent.
- The financial services industry is the biggest enterprise user of tablets, accounting for 40.8 percent of all activations , followed by business and professional services and life sciences.
- The iPhone 4S was the most popular enterprise device, accounting for 37 percent of all mobile activations.
- The Motorola Droid, the Samsung Galaxy S II, the Google Nexus and the Sprint Evo 4G were the only Android devices to make the top 10 list of most-activated enterprise devices. But each accounted for less than 2 percent of all activations.
- Apple is continuing to devour Blackberry’s enterprise share. A report released late last year by iPass found that iPhones accounted for 45 percent of all mobile devices in the enterprise while BlackBerry devices accounted for 32.2 percent.