Ah, interviews. This is what it all comes down to. You’ve made it through the resume scan, the basic initial HR interview, the phone interview(s), the technical interview, and now you’re face to face with the boss in the conference room. By this point, they know you can do the job. They’re as comfortable with your skills as they’re going to be until they bring you on board and watch you work for a month or two. Over the next few days, five more people will come in and sit in the same chair and have essentially the same conversation you’re about to have. Don’t blow it.
In there interests of helping you get ready, here are some my favorite Dice articles on interviewing.
- Job Interviews Only Have Three Questions
- The Two ‘Right’ Answers Hiring Managers Are Looking For
- Three Ways to Turn Off the Hiring Manager in a Job Interview
- How to Avoid Self-Destructing During Interviews
- Body Language Speaks Loudly in Interviews
- Preparation is the Key to Conquering Second Interviews
- Three Reasons No One is Asking You In For an Interview
- What Do Interviewing Managers Think?