There comes a time when your two-person company with offices at the corner Starbucks needs some space to grow, both physically and professionally. That’s the time to look at a technology accelerator or incubator space such as Plug and Play Tech Center.
At the GigaOM Mobilize 2011 conference in San Francisco, I caught up with Candace Denton, the director of corporate development and partnerships at the center. She outlined the advantages:
- Enhanced access to 180 investment partners
- 120 networking and startup showcase events annually
- 30,000 visitors to their three locations in the Silicon Valley annually
- 100 corporate relationships for possible partnership or acquisition
- Access to advisors
- Access to basic office facilities
When you add it all up, the main reason to join the Plug and Play Tech Center versus just getting some office space, is access to this incredibly powerful network.