When it comes to cool places to work, Facebook is the new Google. Mashable’s Ben Parr talked to recruiting chief Thomas Arnold to find out how you can beat out 250,000 other applicants to get in the door. The main points:
- You’ll interview with your prospective boss and team members, and they want to hear you put the user first.
- The company wants builders — especially engineers — who have unique ideas and have gone ahead and created them. Also important: “getting the social space.”
- Have a friend who works there.
- Be an active Facebook user (though this may be less important for engineers).
- Be excited about open source.
- Hope you’re a cultural fit.