Robert K. Bradshaw
123 Dice Way – Chicago, IL 60601 – Rbradshaw@dice.com – 000-000-0000
Database Security expert with exemplary technical background and demonstrated expertise architecting, implementing, and managing security systems
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Outstanding technical experience, with emphasis on system and organizational security.
- Skilled at setting up and managing both intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Strong academic and education credentials, including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Security+, and OCA DBA 10g.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Able to explain complex technical problems to wide range of vendors and coworkers.
- Dedicated employee, earning Â¿Gold Circle Award for AchievementÂ¿ in 2008.
- Adept at testing and learning new technologies.
- Databases: Oracle 10g/9/8/8i, MS-SQL, MySQL, EDI, DB2, Universal Database V8.1, Access, Lotus Notes, SAP, DPF
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT/ME/XP/Vista, UNIX Sun Solaris, DOS
- Applications: SQL-Loader, SQL Navigator, SSH, Domino 5.x/6.x, ULTRADEV, Novell Netware, Golden 32, Adobe Acrobat Reader, POS, ISS Site Protector, Clarity, SMS, Telnet, FTP, RSA, enVision, Clarity, Check Point, Configuresoft, Symantec, McAfee, IDS/IPS products
- Languages: Java, JSP, JDBC, XML, HTML, C, C++, Perl, VB, .NET, ASAP.Net
- Certifications: Oracle Database 10g, UNIX System Administration & Oracle 8i Database Administration Certification Program, Introduction and Management of UNIX, SQL and PL/SQL
ABC Company, Chicago, IL: 2007 – Present
Helped architect and implement layered security for ABC Company, a financial services organization with 240 employees.
- Designed, deployed and managed both IDS and IPS via IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS) Site Protector.
- Play key role in creating and implementing company-wide security policies, including establishing procedures for IT department.
- Manage updates and configure alert responses for all database systems, ensuring optimal security and backup.
- In charge of researching emerging technologies, assessing system vulnerabilities, and making recommendations to CTO.
- Oversaw migration of dual-site merger, using IBM/ISS Site Protector.
- Work closely with coworkers and vendors to analyze reports, assess problems, and ensure timely remediation of all issues.
- Utilize multiple applications, including RSA enVision, Clarity, and Check Point to track projects and create reports.
EFG Industries, New York, NY: 2005 – 2007
Network Security Analyst
- Helped create and manage systems and guidelines to ensure host network was protected and to prevent unauthorized access to LAN/WAN systems.
- Reviewed and tracked firewall logs for discrepancies using Check Point SmartView.
- Tested and assessed vulnerability of systems utilizing multiple programs, analyzing results to track and manage repairs.
- Worked closely with coworkers and other departments to ensure all problems were fixed in timely manner.
- Created monthly security report for department head. Recommended suggestions for improving procedures and department guidelines.
- Was charged with overseeing creation and management of MS Access databases, including Risk Assessment.
- Tested and evaluated feasibility of multiple security technologies, including Configuresoft, Symantec, McAfee, and IDS/IPS products.
HIJ Incorporated, Seattle, WA: 2002 – 2005
Data Security Analyst
- Assessed and reconciled security issues at object level.
- Provided Microsoft NT and Windows 2000 systems administration for five separate offices, with focus on security and access control.
- Was organization-wide technical support point of contact for security questions.
- Coordinated moves and managed migration of group changes.
- Operated as team leader in 2005, managing staff of 3 and overseeing work queue.
- Assigned tasks and ensured duties were executed in timely manner.
KLM Data, Chicago, IL: 1999 – 2001
- Administered Novell servers for headquarters in Chicago.
- Troubleshot and rectified any network issues.
- Designed and restructured Novell Directory Services (NDS) tree.
- Managed NDS tree, remedying any access or functionality issues.
University of Chicago, Chicago IL
Bachelor’s Degree, 1998
Computer Science Major
Keywords: data, archive, network, security, intrusion, malware, virus, architect, tree, Oracle, MS, Microsoft, SQL, Admin, layered, migration, Net