Will you be able to command premium pay in 2010? You have a better chance of receiving top dollar if you possess one of the hot certified or non-certified skills that employers are seeking.
IT consulting firm Foote Partners, has once again gathered and analyzed data from several sources, including technology spending projections from major research firms along with wage and salary data gathered through interviews with IT managers and professionals. It’s produced a list of the IT skills commanding the highest pay premiums during the previous quarter.
In addition to its reflective look, the firm also projected the certified and non-certified technology skills that will be highly coveted by employers over the next three to six months. Here are the top five skills in each category for 2010:
- SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
- SAP SCM (Supply Chain Management)
- Microsoft Commerce Server
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Cisco IP Contact Center Express Specialist
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- Cisco Certified Design Expert
If you’re thinking about boosting your career through additional training or a new certification, consider one of these hotties, if you want to earn the big bucks.
— Leslie Stevens-Huffman