23232 Glen Haven St.
Houston, TX 77099
- IT Professional with 10+ years experience in Systems and Network Administration with a primary focus on MS Windows Servers 2000/2003 Standard/Enterprise operating systems.
- Good communication and team management skills.
- Extensive experience developing procedures, policies, technical manuals, software guides and instructions, executive briefings and presentations.
- Team management experience in both Systems Administration and Software Engineering project environments.
- Virtualization:VMware ESX 3.x, VMware Server 1.4, Virtual Center 2.5, MS Virtual Server 2005 R2 MS Terminal Server 2003, MS SoftGrid.
- Disaster Recovery: VERITAS/Symantec Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows, CA ArcServe 11.5 BrightStor vRanger Pro, Symantec Ghost Suite 11.
- Firewalls: WatchGuard Firebox X1000, Sonic Wall 3.0 Standard/Enhanced, CheckPoint Express NG.
- Scripting: VBScript, WMI/WBEM, PHP, KixTart, ADSI/LDAP, COM.
- Platforms: Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008
- SQL Server, Exchange Server
- MCSA – Windows Server 2003
- VMware Technical Certification
Enable Oil Company, Houston, TX 2007 – PRESENT
Sr. Systems Administrator – Managed IT infrastructure for this offshore oil driller.
- Managed Exchange Server 2007 for entire corporation.
- Implemented VMware ESX server to provide multiple virtual hardware platforms while keeping hardware costs and energy consumption down.
- Migrated obsolete hardware platforms to VMs via VMware Converter.
- Managed SQL Servers databases and participated in discussions with Oracle administrators as well as best practice recommendations.
ACME Satellites, Houston, TX 2003 – 2007
Sr. Systems Engineer – Managed and expanded the network and IT infrastructure for this satellite tracking and control system supplier to the space program.
- Implemented and administered Windows Server, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server.
- Managed technical services of Windows network infrastructure, including Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS and SMS.
- Managed Virtualization Lab environment using VMware Server.
- Designed and implemented virtualized development environment to prepare for domain rename.
- Obtained DOD Confidential security clearance
University of Texas, Austin, TX 1997 – 2003
Systems Engineer (2000-2003) – Worked in IT department, providing computing and network services to the entire UT campus.
- Managed Exchange Server for students, faculty, and staff.
- Created front-end RPC proxy servers and back-end mail servers.
- Maintained VMware virtual computers for use by students.
Programmer/Analyst (1997-2000) – Wrote applications and integrated outside vendor applications used to administer registration and campus computing services.
- Wrote database query applications against SQL Server database of student and applicant data.
- Wrote data converters and feeds for non-integrated software.
B.S., Computer Science, University of Texas (1997)
Keywords: VMware, virtualization, SQL Server, database, Exchange Server, Confidential security clearance