2918 N. Wisconsin Blvd.
Memphis, TN 39893
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 7 years of IT experience as Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst including project planning and management, software analysis and design.
- Extensive knowledge of financials including amortization, debt securities, equities and derivatives such as options, futures and currency swaps.
- Understands appropriate IT controls required to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Extensive experience with object oriented analysis and design and developing use-case models.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure coordinating multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with upper management and excellent leadership skills in motivating others.
- Tools: Doors, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest/Rose/RequisitePro, ERWIN4.0, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project.
- Databases: MS Access, Oracle 8i, SQL Server 2000, DB2, Teradata.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/ME/NT/XP, Mac OS, LINUX.
- Methodologies: OOAD, UML, RUP (Rational Unified Process), RAD (Rapid application development), Agile, Business and Data Modeling.
- Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, SAS, HTML, VB Script, JCL (mainframe)
- Reporting tools: Micro strategy, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports
- Base SAS Certified Programmer
Jeane Jeans, Memphis, TN 2007 – PRESENT
Business Analyst/Data Analyst – Work with operation strategy team to evaluate and enhance the performance of the Jeane Jeans brand stores.
- Analyzed massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation.
- Wrote reports using Cognos reporting system to extract data for analysis using filters based on the analysis.
- Worked on complex information model, logical relationships, and the data structures that support different jean brands.
Orange Savings & Loan, Memphis, TN 2003 – 2007
Data and Business Intelligence Analyst – Responsible for analyzing financial data and statistical loan risk analysis for this regional bank.
- Perform Gap analysis on financial data ranging from overnight loans and float to outstanding mortgages.
- Wrote Java programs to interface with Oracle database.
- Performance tuning of Oracle database.
- Designed data marts that were used as the source for analytic reporting.
- Wrote and deployed internal J2EE web application to provide analytic and trend views of data.
Data Research, Memphis, TN1999 – 2003
Business Analyst/Data Analyst – Consulted for various clients as part of this financial consulting company.
- Created use case diagrams to explain the flow of events and how different software systems interact with each other.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Created and updated the XML schemas which acts as middleware between the front end and back end systems.
- Interacted with stakeholders to understand client business processes.
- Developed good understanding of secondary mortgage market, securitization, mortgage-backed securities and debt securities, and adjustable rate mortgages.
- Design system controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
B.S., Computer Science, Tennessee State University (1999)
Keywords: Business analyst, data analyst, SOX, Rational, Java, database, Oracle
Be completely prepared for your next data analyst role by knowing the best answers for the top data analyst interview questions and, for when you’re ready, the right data analyst salary based on your experience.