2918 N. Wisconsin Blvd.
Memphis, TN 39893
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 7 years of IT experience as Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst including project planning and management, software analysis and design.
- Extensive knowledge of financials including amortization, debt securities, equities and derivatives such as options, futures and currency swaps.
- Understands appropriate IT controls required to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Extensive experience with object oriented analysis and design and developing use-case models.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure coordinating multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with upper management and excellent leadership skills in motivating others.
- Tools: Doors, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest/Rose/RequisitePro, ERWIN4.0, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project.
- Databases: MS Access, Oracle 8i, SQL Server 2000, DB2, Teradata.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/ME/NT/XP, Mac OS, LINUX.
- Methodologies: OOAD, UML, RUP (Rational Unified Process), RAD (Rapid application development), Agile, Business and Data Modeling.
- Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, SAS, HTML, VB Script, JCL (mainframe)
- Reporting tools: Micro strategy, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports
- Base SAS Certified Programmer
Jeane Jeans, Memphis, TN 2007 – PRESENT
Business Analyst/Data Analyst – Work with operation strategy team to evaluate and enhance the performance of the Jeane Jeans brand stores.
- Analyzed massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation.
- Wrote reports using Cognos reporting system to extract data for analysis using filters based on the analysis.
- Worked on complex information model, logical relationships, and the data structures that support different jean brands.
Orange Savings & Loan, Memphis, TN 2003 – 2007
Data and Business Intelligence Analyst – Responsible for analyzing financial data and statistical loan risk analysis for this regional bank.
- Perform Gap analysis on financial data ranging from overnight loans and float to outstanding mortgages.
- Wrote Java programs to interface with Oracle database.
- Performance tuning of Oracle database.
- Designed data marts that were used as the source for analytic reporting.
- Wrote and deployed internal J2EE web application to provide analytic and trend views of data.
Data Research, Memphis, TN1999 – 2003
Business Analyst/Data Analyst – Consulted for various clients as part of this financial consulting company.
- Created use case diagrams to explain the flow of events and how different software systems interact with each other.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Created and updated the XML schemas which acts as middleware between the front end and back end systems.
- Interacted with stakeholders to understand client business processes.
- Developed good understanding of secondary mortgage market, securitization, mortgage-backed securities and debt securities, and adjustable rate mortgages.
- Design system controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
B.S., Computer Science, Tennessee State University (1999)
Keywords: Business analyst, data analyst, SOX, Rational, Java, database, Oracle