Finding Stimulus-Based Jobs

Everyone is trying to anticipate where the
government’s stimulus package is going to create jobs, so it makes good
sense to follow the news to find out how and where new IT positions may
be. TechCareers suggests
there’ll be a need for engineers and project managers to oversee
stimulus-based projects in manufacturing and construction sectors, and
looks at when such jobs might be created in other industries:

Since the stimulus bill is just getting its footing,
don’t look for all of the jobs to start sprouting up immediately.
However, there are a few that are coming available as we speak. For
example, temporary placement agency Adecco is said to
be currently offering 1,500 positions in the mortgage sector, while
1,400 positions are said to be offered in engineering and IT – and
about 1,000 in finance and accounting. These numbers look to increase
in the coming months; however, the full 3.5 million won’t likely see
the light of day for another 2 years.

— Sonia Lelii

Comments

6 Responses to “Finding Stimulus-Based Jobs”

May 06, 2009 at 12:34 am, Dale West said:

I have had training in electronics (componet level) and MS programs such as Word,- Excel,- Powerpoint,-and Access. Have more than ten (10) years experience on the internet. My first computer was the “TRS 80” . I am looking for an entry level position in a computer / electronic field. I have an associates degree and am currently employed as a truck driver. I would like to live here in Oklahoma or Texas somewhere north of Dallas.
Please contact me at roy1dale2@yahoo.com

May 06, 2009 at 2:54 am, Michael Chitwood said:

I have 20+ years experience in telecommunications, project management, technical writing/teaching and looking for a position. My experience includes over 15 years in management/supervision of projects up to $45,000,000. I am a quick-learner.

May 06, 2009 at 8:06 am, Dena Owens said:

I am a Senior Oracle DBA (Unix) and looking for a new position. My current contract ends on May 18th.

May 06, 2009 at 8:24 am, Laszlo said:

OBJECTIVE:
My goal is to work at a growing, progressive Company, where I can utilize and develop my Design Engineering skills. I would like to contribute to product Design and Manufacturing, from concept to finite product. Mechanical Design Engineer with AutoCAD and Pro Engineer Wildfire 3.0 experience.
Any Industry or experience level.

May 06, 2009 at 11:12 am, Ralph K. Gubler said:

I am a Senior Software Engineer with over 25 years experience in Unix, C, over 5 years experience in C++, Informix SQL, and 2 years experience in Java. My experience includes over 15 years in management/supervision of projects up to $18,000,000. I am a quick-learner for example at my most resent employer I was approached by a supervisor and asked to develop software on a new piece of equipment (WAGO PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)) using a new language. I spent 2 months at the PLC distributor’ facility while I learned a new language “Structured Text” and programmed the WAGO PLC. Within 8 months we had installed PLCs at 6 sites at $100,000-150,000 each with another 10-15 sites in progress.

January 18, 2010 at 9:00 am, Reginald Garnigan said:

I have 12years experience as a highly effective Unix Production and Application Support Specialist/ Consultant who meets challenges head-on and
creates positive impact. An analytical, organized, detail oriented professional with a proven ability to manage
projects, and support teams/customers to create practical, reliable and stable systems and environments that support business objectives.