5342 Essex St.
Houston, TX 77012
Network administrator and engineer with strong LAN/WAN/wireless experience specializing in network security.
- LAN/WAN administration of Windows 2000/2003 and Exchange Server 2000/2003 Enterprise server.
- Deploy wireless connectivity using encryption/cipher modes from basic WEP to WPA2.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues involving improper setup of DSL, Cable, T1, and POTS connections.
- Complete understanding of Exchange 2000/2003, Outlook, and ISP, email connectivity issues and understand SMTP, MIME, IMAP, and POP3 protocols.
- Cisco routers, Cisco PIX, firewalls
- WEP and WPA2 encryption
- MCSE (MCSE ID #392800) Microsoft Server Administration.
- HP OpenView ManageX (HP Accredited, Paramus, NJ training center).
- MCP Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 and MCP XP Workstation (recent MCSE re-certifications).
Lighting Specialties, Houston, TX 2007 – PRESENTT
IT Network Manager – Maintained T1 and wireless network, email system, spam filters and firewalls for this startup entertainment company.
- Supervise the architecture and installation of T1, WAN connectivity. Cisco 2851 router and WS-C2960G-48TC-L switch. LAN network topology, network cabling..
- Deploy and support Dell servers on Microsoft 2003 Enterprise Server platform, Dell workstations, laptops, and PDAs.
- Installed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 for corporate email service.
- Hands-on administration of TCP/IP protocol switch, bridge, Cisco router, PIX firewall, ATM Packet, RAS, VPN remote access and secure wireless communication.
BCD Corp, Beaumont, TX2003 – 2007
Network Manager – Bottom line responsibility for maintaining network and managing network IT team.
- Administered twelve Windows 2000/2003 Enterprise servers including fiber array cluster fail-over and RAID 5 redundant recovery management for root and primary Operations Master DCs.
- Installed VoIP PBX phone system.
- Supervised backups using VERITAS Backup Exec and Dell PowerVault tape library system.
- Hired and managed team of 4 network engineers.
Surf’s Up, Galveston, TX2001 – 2003
Sales Associate – Set up network and web site for this small surf board and scuba retailer while pursuing bachelor’s degree.
- Installed LINUX/Intel web server and created customer web site.
- Networked laptops for sales associates.
B.S., Electrical Engineering – University of Texas, Galveston (2003)
Keywords: network, LAN, WAN, WIFI, wireless, router, manager, data backup, firewall, RAID, Exchange server