400 Main St., Princeton NJ 00000 | (000) 555.1212 | email@example.com
INNOVATIVE SERVICE DESK LEADER
High-performing leader and manager with more than five years’ experience in computer operations and technical support and a passion for customer service.
- Five years providing tech support to thousands of global users, earning a reputation for productivity, complex problem resolution and professionalism.
- Three years managing a technically diverse staff through the delivery of a high level, consistent and responsive help desk services.
- Five years of progressive computer/network operations experience in large global data centers with mixed computing environment including UNIX, Windows NT/2000 and interconnected mainframe.
- Excellent communication and diagnostic skills, reputation for productivity, decisiveness, innovation, complex problem resolution and professionalism.
- Proactive self-starter known to initiate process and system improvements to increase system stability and staff productivity.
|Windows 9x||MS Office||TSO||FTP / NDM||BMC Patrol|
|Client & Server||97/2000||Netview||Boole &||Remedy|
|UNIX||IBM/AIX 4.1||MS Exchange||VPN / SecurID|
HELP DESK MANAGER2008 TO PRESENT
Mission Diagnostics, Princeton NJ
The world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services, with revenues of $7.4 billion, and 41,000 global employees including over 800 MDs and PhDs.
Provided first-level technical support for global IT infrastructure supporting employees throughout the U.S. and overseas. Manage a staff of 20, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity issues for a mixed UNIX, Windows NT/2000 and mainframe environment.
- Manage the development and implementation of standards, processes, and systems required to deliver high quality and consistent support.
- Manage the implementation of methodologies that continuously improve first call resolution, customer perceptions and foster strong client relationships.
- Achieve 95 percent first call resolution and reduced wait times by 75 percent while handling over 1,000 calls per week and averaging 200+ calls daily.
- Leverage extensive experience in multiple operating environment including mainframe connectivity and security, Windows NT/2000 workstation and server and UNIX.
- Assess department performance through various statistical and reporting methodologies. Develop processes to monitor trends based on customer calls, issues, queries and recommend ways to improve the quality of technical service as well as reducing repeat incidents.
- Escalate issues as needed and maintain communication with customer and technical teams. Utilize Remedy to record and track issues.
- Independently design new staffing schedule to improve nighttime coverage and reduce overtime costs by 42 percent.
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR2006 to 2008
Teleservices Corp., Trenton NJ
Leading global provider of 24x7x365 IT service desk, hotline, call center/contact center; document/records management; system integration services; integrated technical services; and IT outsourcing.
Primary duties included managing day-to-day call center activities, running reports, managing a staff of eight, scheduling, queue management, and responding to customer requests. Supported worldwide system and network infrastructure consisting of 20 Windows NT servers and 6 UNIX servers interconnected with mainframe through Cisco routers. Investigated and resolved performance issues demonstrating strong diagnostic skills across multiple platforms.
- Proactively identified potential areas for wide system outage and initiated analysis and resolution.
- Assisted the supervisor with oversight of the hotline operation, which includes management of customer interactions, provision of quality assurance, and handling of issues, problems and master tickets.
- Coordinated and implemented change control in collaboration with technical teams.
- Successfully reduced response time to customers by 60 percent by
creating an automated online ticketing system designed to deliver tickets to
appropriate channels on-time; and conducting an employee strength assessment that resolved staff performance and productivity issues.
BOB JONES AND COMPANY, PRINCETON NJ2004 to 2006
Leading publisher of vital business and financial news and information.
Successive progression through computer and network operations into help desk support and a support center analyst role.
- Provided first level support for 40-server UNIX-based system interconnected with mainframe supporting 13,000 global users.
- Resolved PC, server hardware/software, mainframe and proprietary software issues.
- Used call center management reporting tools to determine staffing levels as they relate to call volume and recommend improvements.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Mercer County Community College, West Windsor NJ, AA in Network Administration
- CompTIA A+