123 Easy St. Detroit, Mich.
T: (000)555.1212 ■ C: (000)555.1212 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Extensive experience in R&D, Product Development, Engineering and QC
Dynamic leader known for jump-starting product development, resolving manufacturing issues and increasing revenues by 36 percent through the creation of award-winning designs and processes
Areas of Expertise:
|• Budget Development and Cost Control||• Product Design and Development||• Contract Negotiations|
|• Strategic Technology Planning||• Leadership and Supervision||• Vendor Management|
|• Process Re-engineering||• IT Governance||• Requirements Definition|
|• Lean Six Sigma|
On the web @www.wlane.com and www.socialmedia.com/wlane
ABC Automotive Solutions 2009 to present
Chief Technology Officer and Director of Product Development
Recruited to jump-start product development in the underperforming R&D unit of this global automotive parts manufacturer. Led a team of 15 engineers, managed the company’s intellectual portfolio and developed key relationships with vendors and clients.
- Reduced the development lifecycle 30% by streamlining processes through the implementation of Six Sigma, instilling accountability and upgrading tools and training.
- Grew new product releases by 120%, increasing company-wide revenue by 48%.
- Reduced recalls by 98% through the implementation of stringent QC testing and standards.
- Reduced packaging costs by 25%, operating costs by 35% through supplier negotiations and increasing productivity 78%.
- Implemented new MIS systems and dedicated teams that reduced proposal response time from five days to one.
- Negotiated strategic alliances with several European partners boosting our technical capabilities and facilitating our entrance into eight new markets.
- Three products nominated for the SPE Automotive Innovation Awards.
- Five U.S. Patents issued.
XYZ Motor Company 2005 to 2009
Director, Product Development (2007-2009)
Charged with developing/designing new parts, implementing statistical process control, budgeting, identifying and implementing new technologies and managing a team of six designers and engineers.
- Improved throughput 32% without increasing headcount by performing complex design and impact analysis, solving engineering-related problems and providing technical leadership.
- Reduced part rejection 45% by developing engineering lifecycle test plans and installing new QC processes.
- Reduced scrap by 35% and lowered raw materials costs by 15% by defining and documenting systems impacts, upgrading machinery and negotiating more favorable terms with suppliers.
- Facilitated 10% market share increase by increasing new product development by 22%.
- Increased department’s cache by coordinating and consulting with departments outside engineering, such as IT, business owners, program management, public policy etc.
Product Engineer (2005 to 2007)
Responsible for performing engineering tasks in design, development, analysis, product testing, customer support, and value engineering relative to production of new parts, modification and improvement of existing interconnection products.
- Created, designed and developed over 200 parts by conducting feasibility and risk reduction studies, completing calculations and meeting functional, dimensional and performance requirements.
- Established component and assembly dimensions and tolerances, creates bills of materials, selected appropriate materials and finishes, created 3D models and 2D drawing for production.
Greater Detroit Automotive, Project Engineer (2002 to 2005)
Wingate Automotive, Associate Engineer (1998 to 2002)
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, OS/2
Databases: DB2, Informix UDS, SQL Server, Sybase, Cloudscape, Access, Paradox
Development Tools: Jbuilder, MS Visual Studio, PowerBuilder, ESQL/C, Jprobe, Jtest, CVS, Informix NewEra, InstallShield, Delphi, Paradox/Paradox for Windows, CAD, Autodesk
Multimedia: Java 3D, Java Media Framework, 3DS Max, Lightwave
Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL, XML, HTML, Pascal, Assembly
Networking: NT/2000 Server, OS/2 LAN Server, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, UNIX Server, Novell Netware
Education and Training
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Michigan Technical College
The Indispensable CTO: Strategic Leadership of Technology and Innovation, Stanford Business School