For your reading pleasure, here are the stories most read by your fellow Dice users this week.
- Delving into IBM’s Layoff Numbers: When you don’t know which departments will be hit with a layoff, look at the revenue-light or money-losing divisions.
- Tech Unemployment Numbers Hint at Demand for Women: For the past three consecutive months, the unemployment rate for women in IT has been lower than that of men, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 5 Steps to Becoming a Business Analyst: Laura Brandenburg, owner of the website www.bridging-the-gap.com, is known for offering highly valuable information on becoming a business analyst. Community Guide Steve Gara asked her to provide this article on five steps to becoming a BA.
- What to Do When You Don’t Know the Answer: Blogger Gayle Laakmann McDowell talked before about why it’s good to tell your interviewer when you already know the solution to a problem. But what happens when you don’t know the answer? What do you do then?
- 5 Things to Learn About Computer Science Degrees: Computer science degrees come with a common misconception, which often discourages students from pursuing a degree: They’ll turn you into an isolated code cruncher. That’s not really the case.