123 B. St. Apt 1A Santa Clara, CA 00000
Marketing Database Analyst
An intuitive, innately collaborative professional seeking to leverage suburb coding and reporting skills, a strong command of the SQL language, and a penchant for marketing and statistical analysis in a challenging position as a marketing database analyst.
Highlight relevant technical and non-technical skills in your headline or branding statement, and include four to five job-related experience and achievement bullets in your qualifications summary. Career-changers should focus on skills and achievements that apply to the job they’re pursuing.
- Five years of SQL development experience on MS SQL Server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2008 while serving as a key technical resource for analysis, design, development and implementation of the marketing solutions environment.
- Analyzed marketing requirements and translated them into technical specifications.
- Helped formulate plans and key objectives for a marketing program to support the launch of CruiseURWay while serving on a cross-functional team.
- Assisted the development team in the gathering and documentation of business requirements, analysis and design of reporting tools and data to support the marketing team.
Highlight technical and non-technical skills in your summary when pursuing a hybrid position. Then, show how you used them in your experience summary.
Technical Competencies: MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008, T-SQL and ANSI-SQL, MySQL, Linux, DB2. Full lifecycle development, database queries, scripting for tables, views and data manipulation; data quality analysis and solutions.
Marketing and Other Competencies: Market research and statistical analysis, strategy development, lead harvesting, communications and teamwork.
Emphasize your experience with the critical requirements and related skills while omitting unrelated or superfluous information. Be sure to highlight your achievements in addition to your duties, task and responsibilities.
|Super Cruise Lines||2008 to present|
|SQL Developer, assigned to marketing||2012 to present|
|Junior SQL Developer||2009 to 2011|
|Tech Support Level II||2008 to 2009|
Served as a full lifecycle SQL developer and key technical resource for analysis, design, development and implementation of the marketing solutions environment for this Fortune 500 cruise line.
- Assist the development team in the gathering and documentation of business requirements, analysis and design of reporting tools and data to support the marketing team.
- Created scripts for tables, views and data manipulation for the marketing team.
- Designed queries using T-SQL and ANSI-SQL to elicit relevant customer information for development of reports utilized by marketing in forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Manage and develop mappings, scripts and schedules.
- Fulfilled customer segmentation and analysis requests in a deadline driven environment.
- Liaised with customers, the public, municipal government, and other external sources as a corporate representative to the Santa Clara Business Alliance.
- Facilitated meetings with marketing stakeholders and presented progress reports on major initiatives.
- Uncovered opportunities to acquire market share from major competitors by analyzing consumer sentiment data and competitor sales data.
- Identified new data sources and remedied data quality issues that boosted campaign effectiveness by 10 percent.
- Recognized as “Team Player of the Quarter” by the SQL development team.
- Served on a high profile cross-functional team.
- Contributed ideas to major lead nurturing initiatives involving scoring, nurturing, triggering, gating etc.
|ABC Retirement Solutions||Summer, 2007|
|Database Team Intern|
- Performed database maintenance activities and implemented database change requests involving MySQL, Linux and DB2.
Other Relevant Experience
|Santa Clara Business Alliance||Corporate Representative|
|Santa Clara University||Alumni Ambassador|
- Analyzed alumni donation patterns and behaviors while chairing a fundraising campaign for a major university.
Education and Training
|Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science||Santa Clara University|
|Marketing 101 and Statistics 101||Santa Clara Community College|
|Video and Podcast Training||American Marketing Assoc.|
|Strategic Marketing Course||UC Berkeley Extension|