Although the tech workforce is in far better shape than most others, some sectors are weaker than others, and evolving tools and platforms are pushing certain skills to the side. The market for hardware jobs seems to be continually weakening, for example, and Linux systems administrators would be smart to keep an eye over their shoulder.
Here are seven stories to give you a peek at potential trouble spots, and one with advice on how to keep your career on track no matter what twists and turns the job market takes.
- 5 Tech Roles on the Endangered List
- Hardware Jobs Suffer Most in Tech Layoffs
- 5 Career Killers You Must Absolutely Avoid
- Are These Tech Jobs on the Way Out?
- Survival Tips for Vanishing Linux Sys Admins
- The Layoff Survival Checklist
- Survival Tip: Demonstrate Your Importance