How Tech Companies Fish for Candidates

dice-tv-9 18 12-thumbnail

Ever wonder why the other guy got the job, but you didn’t even land an interview? Consider finding yourself a referral wingman. Nearly a third of successful job candidates do.

Comments

6 Responses to “How Tech Companies Fish for Candidates”

September 19, 2012 at 10:19 am, Jimmy Lozano said:

I like it….
Very Funny…
and Accurate…

September 19, 2012 at 10:25 am, James Green1 said:

“Ever wonder why the other guy got the job, but you didn’t even land an interview? ”
I know why — he was a cheaper H1b visa holder with made up credentials.

September 20, 2012 at 3:36 pm, feumar said:

Why not tell us — via the keyboard with text — what a “referral wingman” is? Surely it’s easier than making a video (or whatever it is you’ve produced)?

September 21, 2012 at 10:07 am, John said:

In this very difficult job market, the “bottom line” is “who you know, not what you know”. Recently, I’ve been hearing those with jobs were acting as a caddy on the golf course for their boss or being a drinking buddy or pool player at their favorite “watering hole” or casino. One fellow told me he was “house sitting” for his boss who was on (permanent) vacation in the Bahamas. Hiring managers want a “yes man” and those w/ exemplary skills at “brown-nosing” and “smoozing”.

Being an “indentured servant” is the way to go!!!

June 09, 2013 at 9:42 am, AmyInNH said:

This “Cat Miller” is actually Paula Marshall moonlighting, isn’t it.

June 20, 2013 at 12:41 pm, Jenn Albertson said:

I am a soon-to-be graduate with Everest University, online division. I truly enjoyed watching this video and thought you did a great job. The information you provided was helpful and presented in a fun and creative way. I will be looking at more of your stuff after watching this video. Great job and thank you for the heads up!

Jenn