Detroit’s private and public sectors have spent a lot of time and effort recently in trying to rebuild the region’s tech sector. They’re investing in training and working hard to get the word out about the open jobs there. But there’s frustrating news, too: They’re being very picky about who they hire.
Good or bad, since there’s been so much going on, we thought we’d offer up five of our most recent stories on the area to help you get a sense of the dynamics.
- Detroit’s Efforts to Build IT Sector Hits Some Bumps
- GM to Slash Outsourcing, Bring 90 Percent IT Jobs In-House
- Detroit Tech and Colleges Attack IT-Worker Shortage
- Jobs in Detroit, But Employers Are Way Too Picky
- HP Will Hire Grads of Michigan Training Program